TV Ratings: NBC scores giant Sunday win
Sunday viewers tune in for the Giants and Panthers on NBC
A solid end-of-season showdown between the Carolina Panthers and the New York Football Giants gave NBC an easy Sunday night ratings win.
NBC got a 4.8 rating among adults 18-49, winning the key demographic over FOX's 3.0 rating. CBS was third with a 2.0 rating, nipping the 1.9 rating for ABC. The CW's 0.4 rating was fifth.
Overall, NBC averaged nearly 13.8 million viewers in primetime and an 8.5 rating/14 share. CBS moved up to second with a 6.8/11, followed by FOX's 4.6/7 and ABC's 4.0/6. The CW stayed in last with a 0.8/4.
CBS began the night in first place with an 8.3/14 for "60 Minutes." FOX, carried by the thrilling conclusion of the Eagles/Redskins game, was second with a 7.0/12. ABC's "America's Funniest Home Videos" edged NBC's football pregame, leaving The CW in last with a 0.6/1 for "Jericho."
NBC grabbed control in the 8 p.m. hour with a 9.0/14 for the start of the Panthers/Giants game. CBS' "Million Dollar Password" was second with a 6.0/7. ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" was third, edging the 3.5/6 for repeats of "The Simpsons" and "King of the Hill" on FOX. The CW's Sunday movie was "Three Amigos," which failed to capitalize on the netlet's young female demos.
The football game improved to 10.2/16 for NBC in the 9 p.m. hour. CBS stayed second with a 7.6/12 for "Cold Case." ABC's second hour of "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" was third with a 4.1/6, beating FOX's "Family Guy" and "American Dad." The CW's move had a 0.9/11 for the hour.
At 10 p.m. NBC controlled the hour with a 10.3/17 for football. CBS' "The Unit" had a 5.2/8, solidly ahead of the 3.4/6 for "Desperate Housewives" on ABC.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Inventory: “Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money”: 20 inept magicians in pop culture For Our Consideration: The crowd-funding conundrum: The line between bringing fans closer and taking advantage Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games? FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19)
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- WATCH: SNL Spoofs San Francisco's Bacon Bacon Controversy Mike Hogan: The Wedding From Hell WATCH: 'SNL' Takes On IRS Scandal
- Nicki Minaj Gives Lil Wayne a Lap Dance During 'High School' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] David Guetta, Akon + Ne-Yo 'Play Hard' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] Prince Closes 2013 Billboard Music Awards With Rare Performance Medley
- 'Mad Men' Review: "The Crash" 'Game of Thrones' Review: "Second Sons" 'Star Wars Episode 7′ — Jonathan Rhys Meyers to Join the Cast?