TV Ratings: NBA Finals give Thursday win to ABC
FOX's 'So You Think You Can Dance' is solid, while NBC's 'Listener' premiere is soft
The opening game of the NBA Finals, which saw the Los Angeles Lakers putting a smackdown on the Orlando Magic, helped ABC win Thursday night in most key measures.
Among adults 18-49, ABC averaged a 3.8 rating, beating the 2.4 rating for second place FOX. CBS and NBC tired for third in the key demographic with a 1.6 rating, followed by the 0.4 rating for The CW.
Overall, ABC averaged an estimated 9.41 million viewers to go with a 5.7 rating/10 share. CBS was second with a 4.9/8, followed closely by the 4.6/8 for FOX and NBC's 3.6/6. The CW was last with a 0.9/2.
ABC began the night in first with a variety of pregame showcases averaging a 4.4/8 for the 8 p.m. hour. FOX's "Bones" was a very close second, beating the 3.7/7 for CBS' "The Big Bang Theory" and "The New Adventures of Old Christine," while NBC's "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here" had a 3.5/6 and improved on Wednesday's viewership and demo numbers. The CW's "Smallville" had a 1.0/2 for fifth.
The NBA Finals game delivered a 6.4/11 for ABC in the 9 p.m. hour. CBS' "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" took second, nipping the 5.1/9 for the Top 20 reveal episode of FOX's "So You Think You Can Dance." NBC's "The Listener" had a 3.6/6 in its premiere. The CW trailed with "Supernatural."
ABC stayed in first at 10 p.m. with a 6.5/11 for the NBA action. CBS' "The Mentalist" was second with a 5.7/10. NBC's "The Listener" had a 3.7/6 in its second original airing.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas' 'Rapturepalooza' Trailer: Anna Kendrick Gets Seduced by Satan 'Doctor Who' Season 8: Matt Smith Confirmed to Stay Another Year?
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama