TV Ratings: Monday viewers disown 'Momma's Boys'
CBS wins the night as FOX's 'Prison Break' fall finale also underperforms
Fast National ratings for Monday, Dec. 22, 2008.
Monday night was short on new programming and what fresh shows there were -- NBC's "Momma's Boys" and FOX's "Prison Break" -- were dismissed by viewers.
CBS was content with its rerun performance, winning the coveted 18-49 demographic with a 2.4 rating. ABC was second in the demo with a 2.2 rating, followed by FOX's 2.0 and the 1.7 rating for NBC. The CW's 0.4 rating trailed.
Overall, CBS averaged nearly 8.4 million viewers and a 5.5 rating/9 share to beat the 4.0/6 for ABC. NBC and FOX posted the same 3.5/6 for third, while The CW stayed last with a 0.8/1.
CBS won all three primetime hours, starting at 8 p.m. with a 4.6/8 for "Big Bang Theory" and "How I Met Your Mother." A "Today Looks Back at 2008" special was second on the hour with a 4.0/7, edging ABC's "Shrek the Halls" and FOX's "House," which tied for third. The CW's "Gossip Girl" was fifth with a 0.9/2.
At 9 p.m. CBS's "Two and a Half Men" (7.4/12) and "Worst Week" (4.6/7) won the hour. The first part of ABC's broadcast of "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" was second. There was a third place tie between NBC's "Momma's Boys" and FOX's fall finale of "Prison Break" with a 3.2/5, though FOX beat NBC in viewers and 18-49 rating for the hour. "One Tree Hill" was fifth on The CW.
"CSI: Miami" gave CBS a 10 p.m. win with a 5.8/10. The second hour of ABC's movie followed with a 3.9/6 (and beat the CBS procedural in the key demo). NBC's "Momma's Boys" was last on the hour.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas' 'Rapturepalooza' Trailer: Anna Kendrick Gets Seduced by Satan 'Doctor Who' Season 8: Matt Smith Confirmed to Stay Another Year?
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Behind The Shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' Finale WATCH: Tobias Fünke's New Sizzle Reel Is Epic JLo Steals Spotlight On 'American Idol'