TV Ratings: Monday figures favor NBC's Olympics over 'The Bachelor'
Pairs figure skating final gives NBC's Olympics coverage a big night
NBC's Winter Olympics broadcast, featuring the pairs figure skating finals, crushed all Monday rivals in its path, with the exception of ABC's solid "The Bachelor," which was barely impacted in second.
Among adults 18-49, NBC averaged a 7.2 rating, comfortably ahead of ABC's 3.2 rating in the key demographic. CBS' 2.6 rating and the 2.5 rating for FOX followed closely. The CW's 0.9 rating trailed.
Overall, NBC averaged an estimated 25.49 million viewers to go with a 14.4 rating/22 share. ABC was second with a 6.1/9, with CBS' 5.2/8 and the 4.6/7 for FOX following. The CW's 1.2/2 trailed.
NBC's Olympics telecast had its highest ratings in the 8 p.m. hour, doing a 14.8/22 overall and a 7.3 demo rating. ABC's "The Bachelor" was second with a 7.2/11 and a 3.8 demo. FOX's repeat of "House" was third with a 4.2/6, beating CBS' repeats of "How I Met Your Mother" and "Accidentally on Purpose." The CW's new "One Tree Hill" had a 1.3/2 for fifth.
The Olympics stayed in first for NBC at 9 p.m. with a 14.2/21 and a 7.3 demo rating. ABC's "The Bachelor" was up to a 7.4/11 and a 4.3 rating in the demo. CBS' "Two and a Half Men" and "The Big Bang Theory" repeats were a close third. Either because of the Olympics or because of the absence of a "House" lead-in, FOX's "24" plummeted to a 5.0/7 and a 2.7 demo. The CW's new "Life Unexpected" had a 1.2/2 for fifth.
NBC closed out its primetime sweep with a 14.1/23 and a 7.0 demo rating in the 10 p.m. hour. CBS' "CSI: Miami" repeat was second with a 5.5/9. That left ABC's "Castle" repeat in third.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change, particular in the case of live events.
News From Our Partners
- WATCH: SNL Spoofs San Francisco's Bacon Bacon Controversy Mike Hogan: The Wedding From Hell WATCH: 'SNL' Takes On IRS Scandal
- Nicki Minaj Gives Lil Wayne a Lap Dance During 'High School' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] David Guetta, Akon + Ne-Yo 'Play Hard' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] Prince Closes 2013 Billboard Music Awards With Rare Performance Medley
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games? FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19)
- 'Mad Men' Review: "The Crash" 'Game of Thrones' Review: "Second Sons" 'Star Wars Episode 7′ — Jonathan Rhys Meyers to Join the Cast?
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Inventory: “Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money”: 20 inept magicians in pop culture For Our Consideration: The crowd-funding conundrum: The line between bringing fans closer and taking advantage Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)