TV Ratings: 'Law & Order: Special Victims Unit' finale strong on Tuesday
Second airings for 'Mental,' 'I'm a Celebrity' slip on Tuesday, but 'Hitched or Ditched' is up
The second night of NBC's "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!" slipped, though NBC was still able to claim an easy nightly win in the 18-49 demographic.
Among adults 18-49, NBC averaged a 2.7 rating, comfortably topping the 2.1 rating for CBS in the key demographic. FOX's 1.5 rating and the 1.2 rating for ABC followed in the key demographic. The CW, as usual, trailed with a 0.6 rating.
Overall, though, CBS averaged an estimated 9.92 million viewers to go with a 6.5 rating/11 share. NBC was second with a 5.8/10, followed well back by FOX's 2.9/5 and ABC's 2.5/4. The CW's 1.1/2 was fifth.
CBS started the night in first with a 7.3/13 for "NCIS." NBC's "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!" was a distant second with a 3.7/7 and under 5.5 million viewers, though NBC and CBS tied for the demo win with a 2.1 rating. ABC's series finale of "According to Jim" averaged a 2.7/5 for two episodes, nipping FOX's "House" and well ahead of a "Hitched or Ditched" encore on The CW.
"The Mentalist" had a 7.0/11 in the 10 p.m. hour to beat NBC's "Inside the Obama White House" special, which had a 6.0/10 (though NBC won the hour in the demo). The second episode of FOX's "Mental" had a 3.3/5 and lost over a half-million viewers from its premiere. ABC's "Earth 2100" special was fourth, while The CW's "Hitched Or Ditched" had a 1.2/2 slightly improving on its premiere.
NBC moved into first at 9 p.m. with a 7.6/13 for the season final of "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit." CBS was second with "48 Hours Mystery," which more-than-doubled the 2.3/4 for ABC's "Earth 2010."
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas' 'Rapturepalooza' Trailer: Anna Kendrick Gets Seduced by Satan 'Doctor Who' Season 8: Matt Smith Confirmed to Stay Another Year?
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?