TV Ratings: NBC's 'Kings' fails to rule as ABC, CBS split Sunday
'Desperate Housewives,' '60 Minutes' and 'Brothers & Sisters' do solid Sunday numbers
As is so often the case, ABC won Sunday night comfortably in the key 18-49 demographic, but CBS controlled the evening overall, while the series premiere of NBC's "Kings" did little to shake things up.
In the all-important demographic, ABC averaged a 3.5 rating, topping the 2.7 rating for CBS and FOX's 2.2 rating. NBC finished fourth in the demo with a 1.8 rating, beating the 0.2 rating for The CW.
CBS won overall, averaging an estimated 11.72 million viewers to go with a 7.1 rating/12 share. ABC's 6.5/11 was a respectable second. NBC finished a distant third with a 3.7/6. FOX's 2.8/5 was good for fourth, while The CW's 0.7/1 trailed.
In the 8 p.m. hour CBS' "60 Minutes" was dominant with an 8.0/14. ABC's "America's Funniest Home Videos" took second with a 4.3/8, beating "Datline NBC" and FOX's "Hole in the Wall." The CW's "Jericho" repeat did a 0.4/1.
CBS held onto first at 8 p.m. with a 6.0/10 for "The Amazing Race," which nipped the 5.7/9 for ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition." The first hour of "Kings" on NBC had a 4.1/7, beating the 3.3/5 for FOX's "The Simpsons" and "King of the Hill" (though the FOX comedies beat the NBC drama in the 18-49 demo). The CW trailed with an airing of "Moonstruck."
ABC moved into first at 9 p.m. with a 9.0/14 for "Desperate Housewives." CBS' "Cold Case" was a solid second, more than doubling the 3.8/6 for FOX's "Family Guy" and "American Dad." NBC's "Kings" dropped to a 3.6/6 in its second hour, still handling The CW's movie.
"Brothers & Sisters" had a 7.1/12 in the 10 p.m. hour to keep ABC on top. CBS' "The Unit" was a close second with a 6.7/11. NBC' "Celebrity Apprentice" had a 4.3/7 for third.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
Are you the only one of your friends without a Wii? HitFix wants to give you a chance to win a Wii console player, a Flip digital camera or an iTunes gift card. Show us your entertainment know how and enter the Knowing movie contest today.
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Adds 'The Shield's CCH Pounder As… David Boreanaz, Minka Kelly, Tom Felton and More Go 'Full Circle' for DirecTV Syfy's 'Helix': David Slade Directing 'Battlestar Galactica' Creator Ron Moore's New Series
- Is There Hope For Jaime & Brienne Shippers? PHOTOS: Inside Lucille Austero's New Apartment WATCH: Full-Length Trailers For 'The Millers,' 'Hostages' And 'Mom'
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My?
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later