TV Ratings: 'House' helps FOX win Monday, 'Harry's Law' holds steady
'Chuck' builds a little, 'The Cape' slips a little
Fast National ratings for Monday, January 24, 2011.
With CBS in repeats, FOX won the Monday ratings in the 18-49 demographic and finished a close second to "The Bachelor"-fueled ABC in total viewers, while NBC's "Harry's Law" held onto most of its premiere audience.
For the night, FOX averaged a 3.1 demo rating and 9.1 million viewers overall, followed by ABC (2.7 demo, 9.2 million), CBS (2.2, 8 million), NBC (1.9, 7.4 million) and the CW (0.9, 1.6 million).
8 p.m. - "House" won the hour for FOX with a 3.7 demo rating and 10.4 million overall viewers. The first hour of "The Bachelor" was next, with a 2.8 and 9.2 million. CBS repeats of "How I Met Your Mother" and "Rules of Engagement" combined for third at 2.2 and 7.1 million, while "Chuck" (2.0, 6.2 million) was up a few hundred thousand viewers from last week. "90210" (0.8, 1.7 million) pulled up the rear for the CW.
9 p.m. - Hour two of "The Bachelor" (2.9, 9.1 million) edged out CBS' repeats of "Two and a Half Men" and "Mike & Molly" (2.8, 10.5 million) in the demo, followed by FOX's "Lie to Me" (2.5, 7.7 million). NBC's "The Cape" (1.6, 5.9 million) was off a little over 10 percent from last week's timeslot debut. The CW had "Gossip Girl" (0.9, 1.6 million).
10 p.m. - ABC's "Castle" (2.4, 9.1 million) won the hour in the demo, while week two of "Harry's Law" (2.1, 10.4 million) retained all of last week's premiere numbers in 18-49 and dropped only 6 percent in total viewers. A "Hawaii Five-0" repeat (1.7, 6.5 million) was third for CBS.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is What Goes Bump in the Night 'The Simpsons' Taps Kristen Wiig For Guest Arc As FBI Agent CBS Fall 2013 Schedule: 'Mike & Molly' to 2014, More Comedy Thursday, and 'Hawaii' to Friday
- Demi Moore & Ashton Kutcher in $10M Tug of War 'Captain America: The Winter Soldier': Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Anthony Mackie Spotted in D.C. (VIDEO) Katie Holmes Attracts the Wrong Kind of Attention on 'Mania Days' Set
- Hulu.com: 7 Things That Wouldn't Exist Without The Office Larry Womack: In Defense of (the Original) James T. Kirk 'Storage Wars': Ivy Finds Giant Clam Shell
- Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing TV Roundtable: When My Boys tested its prickly chemistry by inviting some new faces to the poker table The Walkthrough: The New Girl showrunners on topping season two’s big kiss (Part 5 of 5)
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival CBS's 2013-2014 Season: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- 'Star Trek' Baddie Benedict Cumberbatch Reveals Role's Biggest Challenge Cannes Film Festival 2013: Our Must-See Movies 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Sounds
- Best Alicia Keys Instagram Photos – Picture Perfect Taylor Swift Fan Arrested for Swimming Near Her Rhode Island Beach House Taylor Swift vs. Pink vs. Rihanna vs. Beyonce: Whose Tour Costume Do You Like Best? – Readers Poll
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts