TV Ratings: 'Grey's Anatomy' crossover helps ABC split Thursday
CBS still wins overall thanks to 'Survivor: Tocantins' and 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation'
In an amusing twist, ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" and "Private Practice" crossed over on Thursday night, but it was the low-rated "Private Practice" that actually managed to win its hour. Meanwhile, CBS still controlled the first two primetime hours overall.
ABC won Thursday night in the key 18-49 demographic with a 4.6 rating, topping the 4.0 rating for CBS. NBC was third with a 3.1 rating, while FOX's 1.4 rating and the 0.9 rating for The CW followed.
Overall, though, CBS averaged an estimated 14.2 million viewers and an 8.6/14 to carry the night. ABC was second with a 7.9/13. NBC was well back with a 4.4/7. FOX was fourth with a 2.6/4 and The CW's 1.4/2 trailed.
CBS started the night off in first with an 8.1/13 for the premiere of "Survivor: Tocantins." ABC's "Ugly Betty" was second with a 4.9/8. NBC's "My Name Is Earl" and "Kath & Kim" was third, beating the 2.5/4 for FOX's NAACP Image Awards telecast and the 1.5/2 for a "Smallville" repeat on The CW.
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" did a 10.8/17 for CBS in the 9 p.m. hour. "Grey's Anatomy" was second for ABC with a 9.7/15 (and won the hour in the 18-49 demo). NBC's "The Office" (5.3/8) and "30 Rock" (4.6/7) followed. FOX's NAACP Image Awards and "Supernatural" on The CW trailed.
"Private Practice" got a huge crossover bump, doing a 9.1/15 for ABC in the 10 p.m. hour. CBS' "Eleventh Hour" was second with a 7.0/12 and NBC's "E.R." trailed.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- Jennifer Aniston Strips In New Movie AMC Boss Reveals Plans For 'The Walking Dead's' Future Amy's Baking Co. Owner Facing Deportation?
- Rihanna Bares Butt on Instagram [Pic] Kid Ink to Release 'Almost Home' EP on May 28, Tour With Kendrick Lamar Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Netflix's 'Hemlock Grove': Is Season 2 in the Cards? 'Arrow' Season 2: What Major Scene Was Cut From the Finale? J.J. Abrams Adresses 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Underwear Scene by Showing Benedict Cumberbatch Showering
- Interview: Arrested Development’s Jeffrey Tambor on the show’s return and inevitable movie Gateways To Geekery: An initiation into the psychedelic sci-fi rock of Hawkwind Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights