TV Ratings: 'Glee,' 'Voice' and 'NCIS' lead to a Tuesday night tie
'Glee' back on the low side, but helps FOX tie NBC and CBS in demos
Fast National ratings for Tuesday, April 10, 2012.
FOX, NBC and CBS finished in a virtual dead heat in the Tuesday night ratings in terms of young adult viewers, though new episodes of the "NCIS" shows gave CBS an easy win in total viewers.
For the night, CBS averaged 13.2 million viewers and a 2.4 demographic rating among adults 18-49. NBC, buoyed by "The Voice" results show, and FOX, which had the first new "Glee" episode since February, both finished slightly ahead in the demo with a 2.5 rating each, but NBC averaged only 6.7 million viewers overall, and FOX only 5.6 million. Thanks to "Dancing with the Stars," ABC was more-watched, with 9.7 million viewers, but only a 1.9 demo rating. And the CW was way behind with a shade under a million viewers and a 0.4 in the demo.
8 p.m. -- "NCIS" was out ahead in both the demo (3.1) and total viewers (17.3 million). "Glee" (2.7, 6.7 million) was down about 10 percent in both viewers and demos from its last airing in February, but still good enough for second place. NBC was third with "The Biggest Loser" (2.7, 6.7 million), followed by ABC's struggling combination of "Last Man Standing" (1.7, 6.7 million) and "Cougar Town" (1.5, 5 million), though "Cougar Town" actually did season-best numbers. A "90210" repeat (0.3, 758,000) on the CW was fifth.
9 p.m. -- "The Voice" results show (3.5, 8.9 million) took the demo crown, but finished behind both ABC's "Dancing" (2.3, 13 million) and CBS' "NCIS: LA" (2.3, 12.8 million) in viewers. "New Girl" and "Raising Hope" combined for fourth on FOX, but "New Girl" (2.7, 5.3 million) was up about 15 percent over last week thanks to a better lead-in from "Glee," and "Raising Hope" (1.9, 3.9 million) in turn was up 46% from last week's "Breaking In" in the same timeslot. The CW's "Ringer" (0.5, 1.2 million) was waaay back in fifth.
10 p.m. -- ABC's "Body of Proof" (1.9, 10.2 million) finished its second season in first place in its timeslot, followed by CBS' "Unforgettable" (1.8, 9.5 million) and NBC's "Fashion Star" (1.8, 4.6 million).
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Adds 'The Shield's CCH Pounder As… David Boreanaz, Minka Kelly, Tom Felton and More Go 'Full Circle' for DirecTV Syfy's 'Helix': David Slade Directing 'Battlestar Galactica' Creator Ron Moore's New Series
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My?
- Is There Hope For Jaime & Brienne Shippers? PHOTOS: Inside Lucille Austero's New Apartment WATCH: Full-Length Trailers For 'The Millers,' 'Hostages' And 'Mom'