TV Ratings: FOX's NFL coverage crushes Sunday competition
The Saints' victory over the Vikings dominates Sunday primetime
Among adults 18-49, FOX averaged a 19.0 rating. Second place in the key demographic went to ABC with a 1.9 rating. That's a pretty big margin, right? CBS was third with a 1.3 rating, with NBC's 0.6 rating trailing.
Overall, FOX averaged an estimated 52.21 million viewers to go with a 27.6 rating/41 share. CBS took something resembling second with a 4.3/6, nipping the 4.0/6 for ABC. NBC did a 2.6/4 to trail.
In the 7 p.m. hour, FOX's coverage of the Minnesota-New Orleans showdown did a 28.3/41 and averaged a 19.4 demo rating. CBS' "60 Minutes" was second with a 4.6/7. ABC's "America's Funniest Home Videos" had a 3.6/5, beating NBC's "Dateline" for the hour.
FOX's football had a 26.1/38 in the 8 p.m. hour, adding an 18.0 demo rating. ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" was second with a 4.5/7. CBS' "CSI: NY" repeat was third, beating the 3.2/5 for NBC's "Dateline."
The Vikings and Saints had a 28.4/40 for FOX in the 9 p.m. hour, rising to a 19.7 demo rating. ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" was up to a 5.3/8 in second, topping a repeat of "Cold Case" on CBS. NBC's figure skating coverage did a 2.2/3, ineffective counter-programming against the football.
With FOX dropping off the grid at 10 p.m., CBS' "CSI: Miami" sort of won the hour with a 4.8/8 and a 1.7 demo rating. ABC's repeat of "Desperate Housewives" was second with a 2.8/4. NBC's figure skating coverage trailed.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change, particularly in the case of live events.
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Fox and Marvel Both Courting Quicksilver for Comic Blockbusters Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More
- 'Star Wars: Episode VI': What's Its Legacy... And Its Future? 'Arrested Development' Season Four: Eight Things To Remember 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In!
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Ten: The big wrap-up, including Jim Jarmusch's fantastic vampire film Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer
- Mega Man X Trailer: The Blue Bomber Busts His Way to Wii U Next Week The Wrap Up: Charlie Sheen Gets a New Name For 'Machete Kills' New 'Man of Steel' TV Spot: "Why Did You Send Me Here?"
- Babble.com: 8 Parenting Lessons To Learn From 'Arrested Development' WATCH: New 'Arrested' Clip You Probably Haven't Seen What Is Up With Rob Lowe's Face? The Actor On His Crazy 'Candelabra' Role
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report