TV Ratings: FOX's 'Dance' waltzes past 'Wipeout,' Obama on Wednesday
'Law & Order' finale is strong for NBC, but 'I'm a Celebrity...' is slipping
Fast National ratings for Wednesday, June 3, 2009.
Among adults 18-49, FOX won Wednesday with a 3.4 rating, a commanding win over the 2.1 rating for NBC. CBS' 1.8 rating and the 1.6 rating for ABC followed in the key demographic. The CW's 0.4 rating trailed.
Overall, FOX averaged an estimated 8.76 million viewers in primetime to go with a 5.4 rating/9 share. NBC was second with a 5.1/9, followed by the 4.6/8 for CBS. ABC was a distant third with a 2.8/5, beating the 0.7/1 for The CW.
"So You Think You Can Dance" had a 5.1/9 in the 8 p.m. hour to hold off the 4.7/9 for ABC's "Wipeout." NBC's "I'm a Celebrity" had a 3.2/6, continuing its three-night decline and only nipping repeats of "The New Adventures of Old Christine" and "Gary Unmarried" on CBS. The CW's repeat of "America's Next Top Model" was fifth with a 0.8/1.
NBC moved into first at 9 p.m. with the second part of the Brian Williams special "Inside the Obama White House," which had a 6.0/10 overall, though its demo audience was down from last night. FOX was second with a 5.7/10 for "So You Think You Can Dance," which easily won the 18-49 demo and won the hour in viewers. CBS' "Criminal Minds" was a close third. ABC's two episodes of "The Goode Family" averaged a 1.6/3 between them. The CW's "Hitched or Ditched" encore trailed.
In the 10 p.m. hour, the season finale of "Law & Order" had a 6.0/10 for NBC. CBS' "CSI: NY" was a close second, leaving "The Unusuals" in third with a 2.0/4 for ABC.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Ten: The big wrap-up, including Jim Jarmusch's fantastic vampire film Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- Babble.com: 8 Parenting Lessons To Learn From 'Arrested Development' WATCH: New 'Arrested' Clip You Probably Haven't Seen What Is Up With Rob Lowe's Face? The Actor On His Crazy 'Candelabra' Role
- Mega Man X Trailer: The Blue Bomber Busts His Way to Wii U Next Week The Wrap Up: Charlie Sheen Gets a New Name For 'Machete Kills' New 'Man of Steel' TV Spot: "Why Did You Send Me Here?"
- Demi Lovato Is Thrilled That Her Voice Is Finally Being Heard on Radio [Video] One Direction's Niall Horan Spends the Night With UK TV Star Louise Thompson Kelly Clarkson Denies 'American Idol' Judging Gig
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- 'Star Wars: Episode VI': What's Its Legacy... And Its Future? 'Arrested Development' Season Four: Eight Things To Remember 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In!