TV Ratings: FOX's 'So You Think You Can Dance' holds the floor on Wednesday
'Wipeout' is steady for ABC and 'I Survived a Japanese Game Show' improves its hour
Fast National ratings for Wednesday, June 17, 2009.
FOX's "So You Think You Can Dance" was down slightly, but it had no trouble controlling the ratings race for Wednesday night.
Among adults 18-49, FOX averaged a 3.0 rating, far ahead of the 2.0 rating for ABC and CBS' 1.5 rating. NBC was fourth in the key demographic with a 1.3 rating, beating the 0.4 rating for The CW.
Overall, FOX averaged an estimated 8.38 million viewers to go with a 5.3 rating/9 share. CBS grabbed second with a 4.5/8. ABC's 3.4/6 and the 2.9/5 for NBC took third and fourth. The CW's 0.7/1 trailed.
FOX won the 8 p.m. hour with a 5.0/9 for "So You Think You Can Dance," nipping the 4.5/8 for ABC's "Wipeout." CBS' "The New Adventures of Old Christine" and "Gary Unmarried" were third, betting the 2.7/5 for NBC's "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!" (though NBC's reality show beat CBS for the hour in the 18-49 demo). The CW was fifth with a 0.8/1 for "America's Next Top Model."
"So You Think You Can Dance" improved to a 5.3/9 in its second hour for FOX, nipping the 5.3/9 for "Criminal Minds" on CBS. ABC's season premiere of "I Survived a Japanese Game Show" had a 3.1/5 for third overall and finished second in the key demographic. NBC's "Law & Order" and The CW's "Hitched or Ditched" trailed.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season
- 'Grimm' Season Finale Review: "Goodnight, Sweet Grimm" 'The Killing' Season 3′s Latest Trailer: The Beginning of a New Spree! 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Zod Will Make Us Suffer
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- HomeVideo Review: My Neighbor Totoro / Howl’s Moving Castle TV Club 10: What made The Middle one of the best family comedies in years For Our Consideration: Will indie-rock reunions become just part of the plan?
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- 'The Voice' Recap: Top 8 Revealed, Blake Shelton + Miranda Lambert Perform 'Over You' T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive