TV Ratings: Familiar Sunday, as CBS and FOX split
'60 Minutes' draws the biggest overall audiences, but FOX animation is tops 18-49
In what continues to be the pattern for the summer, CBS won Sunday night overall, but FOX snuck in and claimed the sluggish evening in the key demographic.
Among adults 18-49, FOX averaged a 1.4 rating, nipping the 1.3 rating for CBS and only slightly ahead of the 1.1 rating for NBC or ABC's 1.0 rating. The CW's 0.4 rating trailed in the key demographic.
Overall, CBS averaged an estimated 6.3 million viewers to go with a 4.1 rating/8 share. NBC was well back in second with a 3.1/6, which topped the 2.4/4 for ABC. FOX's 1.8/3 was fourth, leaving The CW in fifth with a 0.8/1.
CBS kicked things off in first with "60 Minutes" delivering a 4.8/10 in the 7 p.m. hour. NBC's "Great American Road Trip" was second, edging the 2.9/6 for ABC's "America's Funniest Home Videos," which actually won the hour in the 18-49 demo. FOX's "Til Death" and "American Dad" still beat the 0.3/1 for a series finale of "Valentine" on The CW.
"Big Brother 11" dropped to a 3.5/7, but still helped CBS win the 8 p.m. hour, also claiming the 18-49 demo. ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" was second overall with a 3.2/6. NBC's "Merlin" had a 2.6/5 for third, beating FOX's "The Simpsons" and "King of the Hill." The CW's Random Movie of the Week was "The Thomas Crown Affair," which had a 0.9/2.
CBS stayed in first at 9 p.m. with the 4.1/7 for "Cold Case." The NBC telefilm "Meteor" had a 3.0/5 for second. FOX won the hour in the 18-49 demographic with "Family Guy" and "The Simpsons," finishing third overall with a 2.4/4. ABC's "Desperate Housewives" repeat and The CW's movie trailed.
"Without a Trace" closed the night in first for CBS with a 4.0/7. NBC's "Meteor" had a 3.5/6 overall and won the hour with a 1.4 in the 18-49 demo. ABC's "Brothers & Sisters" was well back in third.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18 Justin Bieber + Selena Gomez Will Sit Together at 2013 Billboard Music Awards
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title