TV Ratings: 'Dollhouse' finale hits series lows on Friday
CBS wins the night, while 'Dollhouse' averaged viewer than 2.8 million viewers
Fast National ratings for Friday, May 8, 2009.
Yes, CBS won Friday night in all key measures, but that's not what most online fans are interested in. Those readers will be disappointed to learn that FOX's "Dollhouse" hit series lows for its first season finale.
Among adults 18-49, CBS won the night with a 2.0 rating. ABC and NBC tied for second in the key demographic with a 1.2 rating. FOX held fourth with a 1.0 rating, which barely beat the 0.7 rating for The CW.
Overall, CBS averaged an estimated 9.17 million viewers to go with a 5.8 rating/ 11 share. ABC's 3.2/6 was second, followed by the 3.1/6 for NBC. FOX's 1.8/2 was enough for fourth, topping the 1.2/2 for The CW.
CBS swept the primetime hours starting at 8 p.m. with a 5.9/12 for "Ghost Whisperer." The first hour of ABC's broadcast of "Happy Feet" was second with a 3.1/6, topping the 2.0/4 for FOX's "Prison Break." NBC was fourth with two repeats of "Howie Do It." The CW's "Everybody Hates Chris" and "The Game" finished fifth with a 1.2/2.
"Flashpoint" had a 5.5/10 for CBS in the 9 p.m. hour. "Dateline NBC" had a 3.3/6 to beat ABC's movie in the hour. FOX's "Dollhouse" finale had a 1.7/3 and averaged under 2.76 million viewers for the hour, comfortably the lowest average audience in the Joss Whedon drama's brief run. "Dollhouse" improved on the demo numbers for "Prison Break," but its 1.0 rating in the 18-49 demo was also a series low. The CW's "America's Next Top Model" repeat was fifth.
At 10 p.m. "Numb3rs" had a 6.0/11 for CBS. "Dateline NBC" had a 4.2/8 to beat "20/20" on ABC.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!