TV Ratings: CMA Music Festival rocks for ABC Monday
'The Big Bang Theory' does strong 18-49 numbers for CBS
Three hours of the special "CMA Musical Festival: Country's Night to Rock" helped ABC control the ratings race for final night of August.
Among adults 18-49, ABC averaged a 2.1 rating on Monday night, nipping the 2.0 rating for CBS. NBC and FOX tied for third with a 1.4 rating in the key demographic, leaving The CW in last with a 0.5 rating.
Overall, ABC averaged an estimated 7.84 million viewers to go with a 5.0 rating/8 share. CBS was a close second with a 4.6/8, followed by NBC's 3.8/6. FOX's 2.7/4 and the 1.0/2 for The CW trailed.
ABC started the night in first with the first hour of the CMA Music Festival programming, which did a 5.0/8 in the 8 p.m. hour. NBC's "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" was second with a 3.3/5, just ahead of CBS' pair of "How I Met Your Mother" repeats. FOX's "House" had a 2.8/4 for fourth, beating the 0.9/1 for The CW's "One Tree Hill."
CBS moved into first at 9 p.m. with a 5.4/8 for "Two and a Half Men" and "The Big Bang Theory." The latter comedy again improved on its lead-in with a 2.6 rating in the 18-49 demo, best of the night. The CMA Music Festival was second for ABC with a 5.2/8 and actually edged CBS in viewers for the hour. NBC's "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" was third with a 3.8/6, with FOX's "Lie to Me" taking fourth with a 2.5/4. The CW's "Gossip Girl" was down slightly from its lead-in.
"CSI: Miami" had a 5.1/9 to help CBS win the 10 p.m. hour. ABC's CMA Festival was a close second overall and won the hour in the 18-49 demo. NBC's "Dateline" was a close third with a 4.3/7.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games? FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19)
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Nicki Minaj Gives Lil Wayne a Lap Dance During 'High School' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] David Guetta, Akon + Ne-Yo 'Play Hard' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] Prince Closes 2013 Billboard Music Awards With Rare Performance Medley
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- WATCH: SNL Spoofs San Francisco's Bacon Bacon Controversy Mike Hogan: The Wedding From Hell WATCH: 'SNL' Takes On IRS Scandal
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Inventory: “Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money”: 20 inept magicians in pop culture For Our Consideration: The crowd-funding conundrum: The line between bringing fans closer and taking advantage Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback
- 'Mad Men' Review: "The Crash" 'Game of Thrones' Review: "Second Sons" 'Star Wars Episode 7′ — Jonathan Rhys Meyers to Join the Cast?