TV Ratings: Celtics, ABC rise on Sunday night
Basketball audience doubles hockey's.
Fast National ratings for Sunday, June 6, 2010:
ABC's coverage of the Boston Celtics-Los Angeles Lakers NBA Finals rematch again dominated the ratings on Sunday night, doubling up the audience NBC got for its own coverage of the Stanley Cup Finals between the Chicago Blackhawks and Philadelphia Flyers.
Overall, ABC's coverage of the Celtics' close Game 2 win averaged 12.3 million viewers, and a 5.0/13.7 rating in the 18-49 demographic. Meanwhile, NBC's coverage of the Blackhawks' high-scoring Game 5 win averaged 6 million viewers, and a 2.3/6 in 18-49.
Both games began at 8 Eastern. In the 7 o'clock hour, ABC's Jimmy Kimmel primetime special and NBA pregame show combined to average 7.5 million viewers and a 3.0/10 in 18-49. CBS' "60 Minutes" drew 10.2 million viewers and a 1.4/5 in the demo. NBC ran a half-hour infomercial for a new Harry Potter attraction at one of its theme parks and drew 2.6 million viewers and a 0.7/3 in the demo, followed at 7:30 by a half-hour "Dateline NBC" that drew 3.6 million viewers and a 0.7/2. Fox's burn-off runs of "Til Death" and "Sons of Tucson" both hovered around 2 million viewers, with "Til Death" doing 0.7/3 and "Tucson" 0.7/2 in the demo.
CBS aired drama repeats from 8 to 11, with "Medium" drawing 5.1 million and a 0.9/3, "The Good Wife" getting 4.9 million and a 0.7/2 and "Cold Case" doing 5.9 million and 1.2/3. Fox's animated comedy repeats predictably trailed the CBS dramas in viewers but beat them in demos, with "The Simpsons" (3.8 million, 1.6/5), "The Cleveland Show" (3.6 million, 1.6/5), "Family Guy" (4.7 million, 2.0/5) and "American Dad" (4.2 million, 1.9/5).
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change, particularly in the case of live events.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- 'Supernatural' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Arrow' Season Finale Review: "Sacrifice" 'Modern Family' Review: "Games People Play"
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival
- Laura Prudom: The Ultimate Sacrifice You Won't Believe What He Stole From George W. Bush It's Getting Ugly
- 'American Idol' Recap: Top 2 Perform Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born
- What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More Arrow Season 1 Finale Review: The Tragedies of Men Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival
- Interview: Noah Baumbach on how Frances Ha helped him see New York City with new eyes Random Roles: James Urbaniak on Venture Bros.’ return and Hal Hartley’s Lord Of The Rings Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first
- 'Riddick' Trailer: Vin Diesel Is Back and Playing for Blood 'Rio 2' Teaser Trailer Has Landed: Let's Dance! Cannes 2013: Celebs Invade Opening Ceremony (PHOTOS)