TV Ratings: CBS weathers 'The Storm' on Sunday
'Big Brother' and '60 Minutes' help CBS win overall and split the 18-49 demo
"The Storm," NBC's latest summer disaster miniseries, was unable to unseat CBS from its position atop the Sunday night ratings.
CBS and ABC both averaged a 1.3 rating among adults 18-49, splitting the key demographic. NBC was a close third with a 1.1 rating, nipping the 0.9 rating for FOX. The CW's 0.2 rating was well back.
Overall, CBS averaged an estimated 6.17 million viewers to go with a 4.0 rating/7 share. NBC was second with a 3.1/6, just in front of the 2.8/5 for ABC. FOX was a distant fourth with a 1.4/3. The CW's 0.5/1 was last.
CBS began the night in first with a 4.7/9 for "60 Minutes." "Dateline NBC" was second, beating the 3.0/6 for ABC's "America's Funniest Home Videos," though "AFHV" actually won the hour in the 18-49 demo. FOX's "'Til Death" and "American Dad" finished fourth, while The CW's new episode of "Easy Money" was fifth with a 0.3/1.
"Big Brother 11" kept CBS in first at 8 p.m. with a 3.8/7 and also won the hour in the key demo. ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" took second, edging the 2.7/5 for NBC's new "Merlin." FOX's broadcast of the movie "Zoom" had a 1.5/3, beating the first hour of "The Cutting Edge: Chasing the Dream" on The CW.
ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" and CBS' "Cold Case" split the 9 p.m. hour with a 3.5/6 (though ABC won the hour 18-49). NBC's "The Storm" had a 3.1/5 in its first hour. FOX's movie improved slightly, as did The CW's film, which had a 0.7/1 in its second hour.
CBS moved back into first at 10 p.m. with a 3.8/7 for "Without a Trace." NBC's "The Storm" was steady with a 3.1/6. That left ABC's "Desperate Housewives" in third.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS 7 Lessons We Learned from the 2012-2013 TV Season The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING