TV Ratings: CBS Tuesday repeats top 'Mental' premiere, 'Reaper' finale
CBS' 'NCIS' and 'The Mentalist' repeats rule, while NBC's catchphrases special is solid
You can expect to hear this a lot over the summer: While other networks aired new programming on Tuesday night, CBS' procedural repeats still dominated the night in most key measures.
Among adults 18-49, CBS averaged a 2.3 rating, nipping the 2.1 rating for NBC and FOX's 1.9 rating. ABC and The CW both posted a 0.8 rating in the key demographic.
Overall, CBS averaged an estimated 11.37 million viewers to go with a 7.5 rating/12 share, far ahead of the 4.3/7 for second place ABC. FOX was third with a 3.2/5, followed by the 2.3/4 for ABC and The CW's 1.2/2.
[Again, a reminder that unless it says otherwise, most scripted shows should be considered as repeats.]
CBS swept the primetime hours starting at 8 p.m. with an 8.0/13 for an "NCIS" repeat. NBC's "TV's Funniest Catch Phrases" special was second with a 3.9/6. ABC's two new "According to Jim" episodes and FOX's "House" repeat took third. On The CW, the season (series?) finale of "Reaper" had a 1.4/2, up from recent weeks, averaging 2.22 million viewers.
"The Mentalist" won the 9 p.m. hour for CBS with an 8.1/13. NBC's special improved to a 4.8/8 in second. The series premiere of "Mental" on FOX improved on its lead-in and averaged a 3.6/6, to go with just under 5.8 million viewers. The second night of ABC's "Diamonds" was in fourth place, topping the 1.0/2 for The CW's "Hitched or Ditched" premiere.
At 10 p.m., CBS' "Without a Trace" had a 6.4/11 to win the hour. NBC's "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit" was second, while the conclusion of "Diamonds" had a 2.2/4 for ABC to go with a dismal 0.6 demo rating.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- Weekend Movies: 'The Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6,' & 'Epic' (VIDEO) 'Dazed and Confused' Sequel: Richard Linklater Says It May Shoot This Fall Morgan Freeman Falls Asleep During Interview for New Movie
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds
- Former Cast Member Bill Hader Reveals Justin Bieber Was Diva on 'SNL' Set Rihanna vs. Nicki Minaj: Which Diva Has the Best Booty? – Readers Poll Rita Ora Dyes Her Hair Bright Blue [Pics]
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- 'Rush' Trailer: The Risk of Death Turns People On Need for Speed Rivals Will Race onto Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Sonic: Lost World's Six New Characters are Teased