TV Ratings: CBS repeats, FOX's 'So You Think You Can Dance' split Thursday
Thursday's most-watched shows are 'CSI' and 'The Mentalist'
CBS' procedural repeats had no trouble winning Thursday night overall, but FOX took the key demographic on the strength of the "So You Think You Can Dance" results show.
Among adults 18-49, FOX averaged a 2.1 rating, beating the 1.6 rating for CBS and NBC's 1.3 rating. ABC was a distant fourth in the key demographic with a 0.6 rating, nipping the 0.5 rating for The CW.
Overall, though, CBS averaged an estimated 8.73 million primetime viewers to go with a 5.8 rating/10 share. FOX was second with a 4.1/7, bettering the 2.6/5 for NBC. ABC's 1.7/3 was enough for fourth, with The CW's 0.9/2 bringing up the rear.
CBS began the night in first with repeats of "How I Met Your Mother" averaging a 5.1/10. NBC's "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!" was second with a 3.3/6 and won the hour in the 18-49 demographic with a 1.8 rating. FOX's "Bones" was a close third with a 3.2/6, beating ABC's "Ugly Betty." On The CW, "Smallville" had a 1.0/2.
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" was tops at 9 p.m. with a 6.3/11 for CBS. FOX's "So You Think You Can Dance" had a 5.0/9 for second, with a 2.9 demo rating, the night's highest. NBC's "The Office" and "30 Rock" held off the 1.7/3 for ABC's "Grey's Anatomy," while The CW's "Supernatural" was fifth with a 0.8/1.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal 'The Wolverine' New Trailer: More Ninjas, More Action and Jean Grey?
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Daft Punk, 'Random Access Memories' – Album Review Adam Levine Inviting Shakira Over for Sweaty Bikram Yoga Sessions, Sparks Rumors Chris Brown, Demi Lovato + More React to Oklahoma Tornado Tragedy
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away