TV Ratings: CBS repeats edge out ABC reality on slow Labor Day night
Not much original programming on a holiday
ABC was the only broadcast network with an all-original lineup on a slow Labor Day evening, yet the best "The Bachelor Pad"/"Dating in the Dark" combo could do was tie CBS' repeats in the 18-49 demographic, and finish well behind it in total viewers.
For the night, CBS finished with a 1.7/5 rating/share in the demo and 6.1 million total viewers. ABC also did a 1.7/5 in the demo and 4.8 million viewers overall. NBC was third with a 1.3/3 and 5 million viewers, Fox did a 1.0/3 with 3.3 million and the CW was an afterthought with 709,000 viewers and a 0.3/1.
"Bachelor Pad" won the 8 o'clock hour with a 2.0/6 in the demo and 5.8 million viewers. A "How I Met Your Mother" repeat and CBS' fall preview special combined for a 1.4/4 and 4.8 million, NBC's "America's Got Talent" repeat got a 1.2/3 and 4.7 million, a "House" rerun on FOX got 1.0/3 and 3.2 million, and a "90210" repeat did a 0.3/1 and 794,000 viewers for the CW.
At 9, "Two and a Half Men" and "Big Bang Theory" repeats won the hour, with a combined 2.2/5 and 7.7 million viewers. "Bachelor Pad" did a 2.0/5 and 5.5 million, "America's Got Talent" did a 1.2/3 and 4.8 million, a "Lie to Me" repeat did a 1.0/2 and 3.4 million for FOX, and a "Gossip Girl" repeat did 0.3/1 and 623,000 viewers.
CBS' "CSI: Miami" repeat and "Dateline NBC" finished in a dead heat at 10 with a 1.5/4 in the demo, with the 5.9 million "CSI" viewers just eding the 5.5 million "Dateline" viewers. "Dating in the Dark" was third with a 1.2/3 and 3.1 million.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change, particularly in the case of live events.
News From Our Partners
- WATCH: Jon Stewart Shuts Down Bill O'Reilly '900 Pound Man: The Race Against Time': Is It Too Late? Ashley Benson Is Not Dating All Of Her Friends
- Weekend Movies: 'The Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6,' & 'Epic' (VIDEO) 'Dazed and Confused' Sequel: Richard Linklater Says It May Shoot This Fall Morgan Freeman Falls Asleep During Interview for New Movie
- 'Rush' Trailer: The Risk of Death Turns People On Need for Speed Rivals Will Race onto Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Sonic: Lost World's Six New Characters are Teased
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- Former Cast Member Bill Hader Reveals Justin Bieber Was Diva on 'SNL' Set Rihanna vs. Nicki Minaj: Which Diva Has the Best Booty? – Readers Poll Rita Ora Dyes Her Hair Bright Blue [Pics]
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later