TV Ratings: CBS' NCAA basketball shoots past Friday rivals with 'Dollhouse' dipping
FOX's 'Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles' is up, but 'Dollhouse' is down
Fast National ratings for Friday, March 27, 2009.
CBS' coverage of the NCAA basketball Sweet 16 had no trouble topping the Friday competition, particularly FOX's "Dollhouse," which failed to get a boost after last week's exhaustively hyped episode.
Among adults 18-49, CBS averaged a 3.6 rating. ABC was second in the key demographic with a 2.0 rating, followed by the 1.3 rating for FOX and the 1.2 rating for NBC. The CW's 0.7 rating trailed.
Overall, CBS averaged an estimated 10.31 million viewers to go with a 6.4 rating/11 share. ABC's 4.6/8 was good for second. NBC's 2.9/5 beating FOX's 2.5/4 for third. The CW's 1.2/2 was last.
CBS swept the primetime hours starting at 8 p.m. with a 6.4/12 for the network's basketball telecast. ABC's "Wife Swap" was second with a 3.9/6. FOX's "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" was third with a 2.5/4, beating "Howie Do It" on NBC. The CW's "Everybody Hates Chris" and "The Game" averaged a 1.2/2.
In the 9 p.m. hour CBS' basketball was down slightly to a 6.2/11. ABC's "Supernanny" was second. There was a third place tie between NBC's "Friday Night Lights" and FOX's "Dollhouse," with the NBC series holding the advantage in total viewers and the FOX show narrowly taking third in the 18-49 demo. A repeat of "America's Next Top Model" held onto its lead-in for The CW.
CBS closed strong with a 6.5/11 for the NCAA Tournament. ABC's "20/20" had a 5.5/10 for second, while "Dateline NBC" improved to a 3.7/7 in third.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change, particularly in the case of live events.
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- Rihanna Bares Butt on Instagram [Pic] Kid Ink to Release 'Almost Home' EP on May 28, Tour With Kendrick Lamar Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- Netflix's 'Hemlock Grove': Is Season 2 in the Cards? 'Arrow' Season 2: What Major Scene Was Cut From the Finale? J.J. Abrams Adresses 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Underwear Scene by Showing Benedict Cumberbatch Showering
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- Interview: Arrested Development’s Jeffrey Tambor on the show’s return and inevitable movie Gateways To Geekery: An initiation into the psychedelic sci-fi rock of Hawkwind Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single