TV Ratings: CBS Monday repeats romp
CBS wins Monday with the help of 'CSI: Miami' and 'Two and a Half Men'
Fast National ratings for Monday, Dec. 29, 2008.
With the end of the year rapidly approaching, Monday's lineups were mostly filled with repeats, leaving CBS as the King of the Repeats.
CBS got a strong 3.0 rating among adults 18-49, easily winning the key demographic over the 2.0 rating for FOX. ABC's 1.7 rating and the 1.6 rating for NBC followed. The CW's 0.4 rating trailed.
Overall, CBS averaged more than 9.8 million viewers and a 6.1 rating/10 share. No other network was even close. FOX finished second with a 4.1/7, with NBC's 3.9/6 in third and ABC's 3.0/5 in fourth. The CW's 0.8/1 was fifth.
CBS swept the night's primetime hours, starting at 8 p.m. when "Big Bang Theory" and "How I Met Your Mother" averaged a 4.8/8. FOX showed a repeat of "House" and got a 4.1/7 for second. NBC's "Greatest Holiday Moments" special finished third, beating the first hour of ABC's broadcast of "Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl." The CW's "Gossip Girl" had a 0.9/2.
At 9 p.m. CBS' "Two and a Half Men" and "Worst Week" averaged a 6.2/10. NBC finished second with a new "Deal or No Deal" doing a 4.5/7. FOX was third with "Bones," which easily beat the 3.0/5 for ABC's movie. The CW trailed with "One Tree Hill."
CBS closed strong with a 7.3/12 for "CSI: Miami." NBC's new "Momma's Boys" continued to stumble along with a 3.3/6, though that was still better than ABC's "Pirates," which remained steady.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS The Big C Series Finale Review: And They Lived Happily Ever After Warehouse 13 "The Sky's the Limit" Review: Up Up and Away
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra Comics Panel: New releases include an alternative detective story and a new collection examining the collective urban subconscious Permanent Records: The Breeders’ Last Splash is a rallying cry for the weirdos and stereotype-flouters
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- 'The Lone Ranger' Trailer: The Rise of an American Legend 'Star Trek Into Darkness': How J.J. Abrams Kept the Identity of Benedict Cumberbatch's Villain a Secret Zach Galifianakis's 'Hangover III' Date: A Formerly Homeless Pal
- Microsoft Announces Foza Motorsport 5 as an Xbox One Launch Title '24: Live Another Day': Will Mary Lynn Rajskub's Chloe Return? Xbox One's Xbox Live Services Will Get a Boost
- Meet The New 'X Factor' Judges 5 Women We're Excited to See On TV This Fall How 'Vikings' Leading Man Travis Fimmel Nearly Got Away...