TV Ratings: CBS leads slow Monday
'Big Bang Theory,' 'Two and a Half Men' repeats are the night's most watched shows
On the final repeat-laden Monday before the start of the slow Fall Season roll-out, CBS won, but not with any real authority.
Among adults 18-49, CBS averaged a 1.9 rating, beating out the 1.4 rating for NBC and FOX's 1.3 rating. ABC's 0.9 rating was fourth in the key demographic, while The CW's 0.4 rating trailed.
Overall, CBS averaged an estimated 6.5 million viewers to go with a 4.2 rating/7 share, just ahead of the 4.0/7 for NBC. ABC was a distant third with a 2.8/5, nipping the 2.7/4 for FOX. The CW was last for the night with a 0.7/1.
NBC began the night in first with a 3.5/6 for "Law & Order: Criminal Intent." CBS' pair of "How I Met Your Mother" episodes finished second overall with a 3.0/5 and won the hour in the 18-49 demo with a 1.6 rating. FOX's "House" and ABC's "Castle" tied for third, beating the 0.8/1 for The CW's "One Tree Hill."
CBS moved into the lead at 9 p.m. with a 5.2/8 for "Two and a Half Men" and "The Big Bang Theory," which also averaged a 2.6 rating in the 18-49 demo (with "Big Bang" topping "Men"). NBC's second "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" was second for the hour. FOX's "Lie to Me" had a 2.7/4, just ahead of the 2.6/4 for ABC's "Castle." The CW's "Gossip Girl" was fifth with a 0.6/1.
In the 10 p.m. hour, "Dateline NBC" did a 4.5/8 to edge CBS' "CSI: Miami." ABC's "Castle" marathon concluded with a 2.9/5.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Can You Guess Which Celebrity Lives in This Mansion? Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Cover Billboard, Recall the Glory Days of Drugs, Myspace + More Lady Gaga Wears Sky High Heels to Versace Party [Pic]
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When