TV Ratings: CBS, FOX split Thursday
CBS wins overall with 'CSI' and 'The Mentalist,' but 'So You Think You Can Dance' gives FOX the 18-49 demo
The numbers for FOX's "So You Think You Can Dance" continue to slip, even for Thursday elimination episodes, but FOX was still able to forge a split for the night with CBS.
Among adults 18-49, FOX averaged a 1.9 rating, narrowly beating CBS' 1.7 rating in the key demographic. NBC's 1.2 rating and ABC's 0.9 rating followed, leaving The CW in fifth with a 0.4 rating.
Overall, though, CBS averaged an estimated 7.14 million viewers in primetime to go with a 4.7 rating/9 share. FOX's 4.0/7 was second. ABC had a 2.4/4 to finish a distant third, nipping the 2.3/4 for NBC. The CW trailed with a 0.9/2.
CBS started the night in first with a 3.6/7 for the season's first elimination episode of "Big Brother 11." Although "Big Brother" had down over a million viewers from last week's premiere, the reality show still won the 18-49 demo for the hour. FOX was second with a 3.3/6 for "Bones." ABC's new special was third with a 2.9/6, beating NBC's "30 Rock" and "The Office" repeats. The CW's "Smallville" had a 1.0/2 for fifth.
"CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" had a 4.9/9 to give the 9 p.m. hour to CBS. FOX's "So You Think You Can Dance" had a 4.6/8 and won the hour with a 2.5 rating in the 18-49 demo. ABC's "Grey's Anatomy" and NBC's "The Office" and "30 Rock" both posted a 2.0/4 (advantage NBC in both total viewers and 18-49) to finish third. The CW's "Supernatural" trailed.
At 10 p.m. CBS' "The Mentalist" was up to a 5.6/10 in first. NBC's "The Listener" was second with a 2.7/5. ABC's "Private Practice" trailed.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- Former Cast Member Bill Hader Reveals Justin Bieber Was Diva on 'SNL' Set Rihanna vs. Nicki Minaj: Which Diva Has the Best Booty? – Readers Poll Rita Ora Dyes Her Hair Bright Blue [Pics]
- Weekend Movies: 'The Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6,' & 'Epic' (VIDEO) 'Dazed and Confused' Sequel: Richard Linklater Says It May Shoot This Fall Morgan Freeman Falls Asleep During Interview for New Movie
- WATCH: Jon Stewart Shuts Down Bill O'Reilly '900 Pound Man: The Race Against Time': Is It Too Late? Ashley Benson Is Not Dating All Of Her Friends
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- 'Rush' Trailer: The Risk of Death Turns People On Need for Speed Rivals Will Race onto Xbox One and PlayStation 4 Sonic: Lost World's Six New Characters are Teased