TV Ratings: CBS, ABC split Sunday
CBS is led by '60 Minutes' and 'Amazing Race,' while ABC's 'Desperate Housewives' and 'Brothers & Sisters' are strong
Fast National ratings for March 8, 2009.
ABC won the key 18-49 demographic with a 3.3 rating, topping the 2.6 rating for CBS. ABC's 2.4 rating and the 2.3 rating for FOX were close behind. The CW's 0.2 rating was a little bit funny.
Overall, though, CBS averaged an estimated 11.33 million viewers and a 7.0 rating/12 share. ABC's 6.5/11 was close behind. NBC finished a distant third with a 3.9/6, still topping the 2.8/5 for FOX and The CW's 0.6/1.
CBS started the night in first with an 8.5/15 for "60 Minutes." ABC's "America's Funniest Home Videos" was second with a 4.2/8, beating a "Saturday Night Live" special focusing on game show parodies and FOX's "Hole in the Wall." On The CW, a repeat of "Jericho" had a 0.5/1.
"The Amazing Race" won the 8 p.m. hour for CBS with a 6.2/10, nipping ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition." A second "Saturday Night Live" special, this one doing commercial parodies, was third with a 3.7/6, beating the 3.1/5 averaged by "The Simpsons" and "King of the Hill" on FOX. The CW's telecast of the movie "Easy Money" trailed.
ABC moved into first at 9 p.m. with "Desperate Housewives" delivering an 8.7/13. CBS' "Cold Case" had a 7.7/12 for second. NBC's "Celebrity Apprentice" had a 4.4/7 for third, beating the 3.6/6 for "Family Guy" and "American Dad" on FOX. The CW's movie was last.
At 10 p.m. ABC had a 7.1/12 for "Brothers & Sisters," winning the hour. CBS' "The Unit" finished second, just ahead of the 5.2/8 second hour for "Celebrity Apprentice."
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My?
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Adds 'The Shield's CCH Pounder As… David Boreanaz, Minka Kelly, Tom Felton and More Go 'Full Circle' for DirecTV Syfy's 'Helix': David Slade Directing 'Battlestar Galactica' Creator Ron Moore's New Series
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot
- The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced