TV Ratings: 'Bones,' 'Fringe' give FOX a rare Thursday win
'Live for the Moment' tanks for CBS, while 'The Vampire Diaries' does big demos
Facing mostly repeats and lackluster programming on the other networks, FOX's "Bones" and "Fringe" both delivered far-above-season-average ratings to give FOX a rare (non-"Idol"-related) Thursday night ratings victory.
Among adults 18-49, FOX averaged a 3.3 rating, far ahead of CBS' 1.8 rating. In a clump, ABC, NBC and The CW all tied for third in the key demographic with 1.5 ratings.
Overall, FOX averaged an estimated 10.64 million viewers to go with a 6.2 rating/10 share. CBS was second with a 5.3/9, topping the 3.6/6 for ABC. NBC's 2.7/4 and the 2.1/3 for The CW weren't far behind.
FOX started the night in first with a 7.3/13 for "Bones," which also did a 3.6 demo rating. ABC's second episode of "The Deep End" was steady from last week with a 4.0/6 in second overall. CBS' special "Live for the Moment" won't live for many more moments after doing a 3.0/5 overall and finishing fifth for the hour in the key demo. NBC's repeats of "Community" and "Parks and Recreation" were fourth. The CW's "The Vampire Diaries" did a 2.3/4 overall, but gave The CW cause for celebration by finishing second in the 18-49 demo with a 1.8 rating.
CBS moved into first overall in the 9 p.m. hour with a 5.8/9 for "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation." FOX's "Fringe" did an impressive 5.2/8 and won the hour with a 3.0 demo rating, the second consecutive week of good numbers for the bubble show. ABC's repeat of "Grey's Anatomy" took third, beating the 2.7/4 for NBC's repeats of "The Office" and "30 Rock." The CW's "Supernatural" did a 1.8/3 for fifth.
A "Mentalist" repeat did a 7.0/12 for CBS in the 10 p.m. hour, also winning in the key demo with a 2.3 rating. ABC's "Private Practice" repeat was second, just beating the 2.8/5 for NBC's "The Jay Leno Show."
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- Charlotte Robinson: Somer Bingham Talks LGBT Issues and Life After The Real L Word (AUDIO) PHOTOS: Has Ellen Had Enough Of LA? Jennifer Aniston On 'Friends' Reunion: 'We All Miss Working Together'
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs
- Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His Son Ho Young's Girlfriend Found Dead Listen to The-Dream Collaborate With Beyonce on 'Turnt'
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single Watch This: Ronin is a triumph of crime-flick economy Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly