TV Ratings: 'Big Bang Theory,' 'Men' carry CBS Monday
ABC's 'The Bachelor' and FOX's 'House' are also strong
Among adults 18-49, CBS won with a 4.4 rating, nipping the 4.2 rating for FOX and just topping ABC's 3.6 rating in the key demographic. NBC was a distant fourth with a 1.8 rating, leaving The CW in fifth with a 1.0 rating.
Overall, CBS averaged an estimated 13.34 million viewers to go with an 8.2 rating/13 share. ABC's 7.3/11 was second, beating the 6.9/10 for FOX, though FOX averaged more total viewers for the night. NBC was fourth with a 3.1/5, beating the 1.4/2 for The CW.
FOX started the night in first with a 7.9/12 for "House," which also averaged a 5.1 demo rating. ABC's "The Bachelor" was second with a 7.5/11. CBS' "How I Met Your Mother" and "Accidentally on Purpose" averaged a 5.9/9 for third. NBC's "Chuck" was fourth with a 3.9/6 and a 2.2 rating, both down very very slightly. The CW's "One Tree Hill" was fifth.
CBS moved into first at 9 p.m. with "Two and a Half Men" and "The Big Bang Theory" averaging a robust 10.1/15 and a 5.8 demo rating, with "Two and a Half Men" averaging 17.56 million viewers for the night's biggest audience and "Big Bang Theory" doing a 6.0 demo rating, also the night's best. ABC's "The Bachelor" was up to an 8.3/12 in its second hour. FOX's "24" finished third for the hour and actually improved slightly on last week's totals. On NBC, the season (series?) finale of "Heroes" had a 2.8/4, pulling in under 4.41 million viewers, with a 2.0 demo rating. The CW's "Life Unexpected" did a 1.3/2 for fifth.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast? 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Spoiler Special: Burning Questions Answered 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now!
- One Direction Thank Their Fans for 2013 Billboard Music Award Wins Drake + Jay-Z Working on New Music [Pic] Taylor Swift Gets Grossed Out When Selena Gomez + Justin Bieber Kiss Backstage at 2013 Billboard Awards [Pics]
- 'Star Wars Rebels': New Animated Series Will Take Place Between 'Episode III and 'Episode IV' James Badge Dale, 'Iron Man 3' Star, Is Also in 'World War Z' and 'The Lone Ranger' 'Blue Jasmine' Poster Debut: Cate Blanchett Is Strikingly Stoic (PHOTO)
- The Women TV Is Still Missing Jason Isaacs Reveals The One Co-Star He Won't Work With Again WATCH: La Toya's Tearful Break-Up Phone Call
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- Sony Teases PlayStation 4 E3 Console Reveal in New Video George Takei as Every Character in 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Nintendo Promises Details on New 3D Mario, Smash Bros Before E3
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games?