TV Ratings: 'Bachelorette,' CBS repeats carry Monday
'CSI: Miami' and 'Two and a Half Men' encores give CBS an overall win, while ABC wins the 18-49 demo
In what is becoming a Monday trend, ABC's "The Bachelorette" controlled the early part of the night, but then the ratings dip for "Here Comes the Newlyweds" allowed CBS to claim the night overall.
Among adults 18-49, ABC held on with a 2.4 rating, edging the 2.1 rating. NBC and FOX posted a 1.1 rating for a distant third in the key demographic. The CW's 0.2 rating trailed.
Overall, though, CBS averaged an estimated 7.25 million viewers to go with a 4.7 rating/8 share, nipping the 4.6/8 for ABC (and 6.94 million viewers). NBC was well back in third with a 3.0/5, beating the 2.4/4 for FOX. The CW stayed in last with a 0.5/1.
ABC began the night in first with a 5.0/9 for "The Bachelorette." CBS' "How I Met Your Mother" and "Rules of Engagement" were second with a 3.3/6. FOX's "House" beat the 2.2/4 for NBC's new "Great American Road Trip," making its Monday premiere. The CW's "One Tree Hill" had a 0.7/1 for fifth.
In its second hour, "The Bachelorette" improved to a 5.5/9 and a 2.9 demo rating, winning the 9 p.m. hour. CBS' "Two and a Half Men" and "The Big Bang Theory" were a close second with a 5.4/9 average. NBC's "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" had a 3.0/5 for third, topping the 2.2/4 for FOX's "Lie to Me." The CW trailed with "Gossip Girl."
CBS moved into first in the 10 p.m. hour with a 5.3/9 for "CSI: Miami." NBC's "Dateline" was second. ABC's "Here Comes the Newlyweds" still won the hour in the 18-49 demo, but slipped to a 3.3/6 overall.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed