TV Ratings: 'Bachelor' finale woos Monday viewers
Jason Mesnick's 'Bachelor' farewell tops '24,' 'Heroes,' 'CSI: Miami' and other Monday competition
Fast National ratings for Monday, March 2, 2009.
It wasn't even close.
Among adults 18-49, ABC's three hours of "The Bachelor" drew a 5.8 rating, beating CBS' 4.1 rating in the key demographic. FOX was third with a 3.3 rating and NBC's 2.7 rating took fourth. The CW was last with a 0.5 rating.
Overall, Jason Mesnick's "Bachelor" farewell averaged an estimated 16.13 million viewers for ABC, plus a 10.6 rating/16 share. CBS' 7.8/12 and FOX's 6.5/9 followed. NBC's 4.4/7 was good enough for fourth, topping the 0.8/1 for The CW.
In the 8 p.m. hour, ABC's "The Bachelor" took the hour with a 9.4/14. CBS' "The Big Bang Theory" and "How I Met Your Mother" averaged a 6.7/10 for second. The first hour of "24" on FOX had a 6.1/9 for third. "Chuck" had a 4.0/6 for NBC. Fifth place went to a "Gossip Girl" repeat on The CW.
ABC stayed in the lead at 9 p.m. with "The Bachelor" improving to a 10.8/16. CBS' "Two and a Half Men" (9.3/13) and the season premiere of "Rules of Engagement" (7.3/11) were second. FOX's "24" took third, improving slightly in its second hour. NBC's "Heroes" had a 4.5/6 for fourth, while a "One Tree Hill" repeat on The CW was fifth.
"The Bachelor: After the Final Rose" had an 11.6/18 for ABC in the 10 p.m. hour. CBS' "CSI: Miami" was down to an 8.5/14, while NBC's "Medium also struggled against Mesnick and company.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- Can You Guess Which Celebrity Lives in This Mansion? Macklemore + Ryan Lewis Cover Billboard, Recall the Glory Days of Drugs, Myspace + More Lady Gaga Wears Sky High Heels to Versace Party [Pic]
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- 'Anchorman 2′ Teaser: Stay Classy, Fat Face! Team Fortress 2′s Robotic Boogaloo Community Update Adds Even More Hats Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D to Launch with L.A. Zoo's Party Animals
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title