TV Ratings: Another Friday win for CBS, 'Fringe' rises
'Supernatural' and 'Nikita' see slight declines in viewer numbers
Fast National ratings for Friday, October 7, 2011.
CBS continues to dominate Fridays, with solid numbers for "A Gifted Man," "CSI: NY" and "Blue Bloods." It helped that NBC and ABC's slates were largely made up of repeats.
In the coveted 18-49 demo, CBS averaged a 1.6 rating, beating FOX's 1.4 rating. NBC logged a 1.2 rating, with ABC earning a 1.0 rating. The CW continues to struggle, with a .6 rating.
For the night, CBS averaged 9.4 million viewers, with a 6.0 rating/11 share for primetime. NBC came in a distant second with 3.4/6 and 4.9 million viewers. ABC's 2.2/4 and 3.16 million viewers was good for third place, while FOX earned 2.1/4 and 3.47 million viewers. The CW brought up the rear with a 1.1/2 and 1.62 million viewers.
8 p.m. - CBS' "A Gifted Man" was the overall winner in the the 8 p.m. slot, chalking up 7.0 million and coming in second in adults 18-49 with a 1.1 rating. FOX was next with 3.6 million viewers for "Kitchen Nightmares," which won the hour with a 1.5 rating in the key 18-49 demo. ABC's repeat of "Modern Family" averaged 3.4 million viewers, while another repeat, "Suburgatory," took in 2.9. That was enough to best the 2.1 million viewers for NBC's "Up All Night" and "Whitney" repeats. The CW's "Nikita" averaged 1.58 million viewers and a 0.5 rating in adults 18-49.
10 p.m. - "Blue Bloods" was far and away Friday night's most-watched show both overall and in the key demo, averaging 11 million viewers and a 1.9 rating among adults 18-49. NBC's "Dateline" was second with 6.3 million viewers and 1.5 in the key demo. ABC's "20/20" declined significantly from last week, earning 3.4 million viewers.
News From Our Partners
- Shakira Leaving 'The Voice' Next Season Source Claims Kanye West + Kim Kardashian Will Most Likely Break Up Before the Baby Is Born Demi Lovato Gets New 'Warrior'-Inspired Tattoo [Pic]
- Total Recall: Star Trek Movies Parental Guidance: Star Trek Into Darkness In Pictures: The Stars of Star Trek Into Darkness
- Why They Went 'Crazy' 30 EPIC Wedding Disasters 'No One Lives Forever'
- Grimm "The Waking Dead" Review: Dead On Arrival What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Arrow, CSI, and Supernatural CBS's 2013-2014 Schedule: New Nights for Person of Interest and Hawaii Five-0, More Comedy on Thursdays
- Reese Witherspoon Joins Paul Thomas Anderson's 'Inherent Vice' CBS Fall 2013 Trailers: Sarah Michelle Gellar's 'Crazy Ones,' Anna Faris' Mom' and More! Sony Trademarks Possible PlayStation 4 Slogan "Greatness Awaits"
- The Telefile - TNT & TBS Upfront 2013: Reaping What Other Networks Sowed The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When The Telefile - New Girl: Wedding Do's and Don'ts
- Hear This: Connections gives a Guided By Voices-indebted reason to go for the opener Watch This: The second half of Twilight Zone: The Movie more than makes up for the first Tolerability Index: This week we're barely putting up with The Killing
- 'Angry Birds' Film Dive-Bombing Into Theaters In 2016 'Fast & Furious 6' Blasts Forward With Exclusive Clip: Watch Now! 'Riddick' Trailer: Watch Vin Diesel Fight For Survival