TV Ratings: Another 'Dancing' Monday for ABC
ABC rolls with 'Dancing with the Stars,' 'Surviving Suburbia' and 'Castle'
Fast National ratings for Monday, April 20, 2009.
Another dominant performance by "Dancing with the Stars" pushed ABC to an easy Monday night ratings win in most key measures.
ABC averaged a 3.5 rating in the 18-49 demographic, beating the 3.0 rating for CBS in the key demographic. FOX was a close third in the key demographic with a 2.8 rating, followed by the 2.6 rating for NBC. The CW's 1.2 rating trailed.
Overall, ABC averaged an estimated 14.76 million viewers to go with a 9.6 rating/15 share. FOX and CBS were a distant second with a 5.8/9. NBC's 4.1/7 was fourth, topping the 1.6/2 for The CW.
ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" controlled the 8 p.m. hour with a 12.5/20. FOX's special airing of "Bones" had a 5.4/8. CBS aired repeats of "The Big Bang Theory" and "How I Met Your Mother" and beat the 3.6/6 for NBC's "Chuck." The CW's "Gossip Girl" trailed with a 1.6/2.
At 9 p.m. ABC stayed in first with "Dancing with the Stars" (13.9/21) and "Surviving Suburbia" (7.2/11). A repeat of "Two and a Half Men" and a new "Rules of Engagement" averaged a 6.8/10 for CBS in second. Without its "House" lead-in, FOX's "24" slipped to a 6.1/9 in third, bettering the 3.9/6 for "Heroes." The CW's "One Tree Hill" nearly mirrored its lead-in.
CBS won the 10 p.m. hour with a repeat of "The Mentalist," which nipped the 5.7/9 for ABC's "Castle." NBC's "Medium" was third overall with a 4.9/8, but won the hour in the key 18-49 demo.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- 'Star Wars: Episode VI': What's Its Legacy... And Its Future? 'Arrested Development' Season Four: Eight Things To Remember 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In!
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Ten: The big wrap-up, including Jim Jarmusch's fantastic vampire film Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Does Someone Have to Go?: Work Sucks.... If You Are On This Show The Telefile - Save Me: Lightning Strikes NBC
- Demi Lovato Is Thrilled That Her Voice Is Finally Being Heard on Radio [Video] One Direction's Niall Horan Spends the Night With UK TV Star Louise Thompson Kelly Clarkson Denies 'American Idol' Judging Gig
- Mega Man X Trailer: The Blue Bomber Busts His Way to Wii U Next Week The Wrap Up: Charlie Sheen Gets a New Name For 'Machete Kills' New 'Man of Steel' TV Spot: "Why Did You Send Me Here?"
- Babble.com: 8 Parenting Lessons To Learn From 'Arrested Development' WATCH: New 'Arrested' Clip You Probably Haven't Seen What Is Up With Rob Lowe's Face? The Actor On His Crazy 'Candelabra' Role