TV Ratings: 'American Idol' gives 'Human Target' a Tuesday boost
CBS' procedural repeats and 'Biggest Loser' still draw Tuesday viewers
The Tuesday encore of the "Human Target" premiere drew a larger audience in the key demo than in its original Sunday airing. That may, just possibly, be related to a little lead-in called "American Idol." Due to the "Idol" juggernaut, FOX dominated Tuesday night in all key measures.
Among adults 18-49, FOX averaged a 6.7 rating, topping the 3.4 rating for NBC and the 2.4 rating for CBS. ABC's 1.0 rating was a distant fourth, with The CW's 0.3 rating trailing.
Overall, FOX averaged an estimated 17.61 million viewers to go with a 9.8 rating/15 share. CBS' 7.7/12 was good for second, with NBC's 5.2/8 taking third. ABC's 2.1/3 was fourth. The CW's 0.5/1 was fifth.
FOX started the night in dominant fashion with a 14.3/22 for "American Idol," which averaged 26.05 million viewers and a 9.9 rating in the key demographic. CBS' "NCIS" repeat averaged 8.9/14 for second. NBC's "Biggest Loser" did a 5.0/8 overall and finished second in the key demographic. Repeats of "Scrubs" and "Better Off Dead" averaged a 1.6/2 for ABC. The CW's "90210" repeat was fifth.
CBS' repeat of "NCIS: Los Angeles" finished first overall for the 9 p.m. hour with a 7.9/12. NBC's "Biggest Loser" improved to a 6.5/10 in its second hour and won the demo with a 4.7 rating. FOX got a 5.3/8 for the "Human Target" encore, though the fall-off at the half-hour was dramatic. ABC's new "Scrubs" and "Better Off Ted" had a 2.1/3 for fourth. The CW's "Melrose Place" repeat stayed fifth.
A "Good Wife" repeat had a 6.4/11 in the 10 p.m. hour for CBS. "The Jay Leno Show" had a 4.0/7 and tied with CBS for first in the key demographic. A repeat of "The Forgotten" trailed for ABC.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season