TV Ratings: 'America's Got Talent' premiere boosts NBC on Tuesday
NBC dominates the 18-49 demo, but CBS is still tops overall
Viewers welcomed NBC's "America's Got Talent" back with open arms, showing a good deal less love for the premiere of ABC's "The Superstars."
Among adults 18-49, NBC won the night comfortably with a 2.6 rating, beating the 1.6 rating for CBS. ABC's 1.3 rating and the 1.2 rating for FOX followed in the key demographic. The CW's 0.5 rating trailed.
Overall, though, CBS averaged an estimated 9.06 million viewers to go with a 6.0 rating/10 share, nipping NBC's 5.5/10 and audience of 8.96 million viewers. ABC was a distant third with a 2.5/4, bettering the 2.3/4 for FOX and The CW's 0.8/1.
CBS started the night in first with a 7.0/13 for "NCIS," which also won the 8 p.m. hour in the 18-49 demographic. The first hour of ABC's "The Superstars" had a 3.0/6 for second, edging the 2.9/5 for NBC's "I'm a Celebrity... Get Me Out Of Here!" FOX's "House" finished fourth, still well ahead of The CW's "90210."
NBC moved into the lead at 9 p.m. with a 6.2/10 for the beginning of the "America's Got Talent" premiere. CBS' "The Mentalist" was a close second. On FOX, "Mental" was third with a 2.4/4, beating ABC's tally for "The Superstars" (2.6/4) and "Better Off Ted" (1.3/2). The finale of "Hitched or Ditched" on The CW had a 0.9/2 for the hour.
At 10 p.m., "America's Got Talent" improved to a 7.3/13 for NBC. CBS' "48 Hours Mystery" was second with a 4.9/9. ABC's "Primetime" special was third.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
Stay up to date with the latest breaking news in the worlds of movies, TV and music by signing up for HitFix E-mail Alerts.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H
- Seth MacFarlane's Next Film: 'Every Line Is Hilarious,' Amanda Seyfried Swears 'The Wolverine' Trailer: Five Questions It Answered 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million
- Hear This: An early Walkmen song gets anti-nostalgic Watch This: Thunder Road is one of the first, and finest, automotive action movies off the Hollywood lot Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Six: Michael Douglas plays Liberace in Steven Soderbergh’s swan song, Behind The Candelabra
- Xbox One Will Require Daily Internet Connection 'Hannibal' "Trou Normand" Preview: Is Will Losing His Mind? Quantum Break Trailer: Remedy Returns With Xbox One Exclusive
- T-ara Member Hyomin Shows Off Her Sexy Side in Korean InStyle [Pics] Listen to David Guetta's Remix of Empire of the Sun's 'Alive Demi Lovato to Have Her Tonsils Removed
- GIFS: 10 TV Housekeepers That Ran The Show Megan Smolenyak: Celebrity Roots Series "Who Do You Think You Are?" Returns This Is Going To Be AMAZING
- Is 'Jurassic Park 4' a Reboot? Yes, According to Sam Neill 'Return of the Jedi': 25 Things You Didn't Know About the Original 'Star Wars' Trilogy Finale Melissa McCarthy Fires a 'Tammy' Extra for Mistreating Her Child
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013