TV Ratings: ABC wins Sunday demos, CBS cruises overall
The telefilms 'Loving Leah' and 'The Last Templar' draw decent Sunday audiences
Overall, CBS' new programming may have dominated Sunday night, but ABC still managed to carry the evening in the key demographic.
ABC averaged a 3.3 rating in the 18-49 demo, comfortably topping the 2.3 rating for CBS, FOX's 2.2 rating and NBC's 2.1 rating. The CW's 0.3 rating didn't really register.
CBS averaged an estimated 12.72 million viewers overall to go along with an 8.3 rating/13 share. ABC was a distant second with a 5.7/9, while NBC was third with a 5.2/8. FOX finished fourth with a 2.9/4, beating the 0.5/1 for The CW.
At 7 p.m. CBS got an 8.9/15 for "60 Minutes." ABC's "America's Funniest Home Videos" was second with a 5.0/8. "Dateline NBC" was third, easily beating FOX's "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader." The CW's "Jericho" had a 0.4/1.
CBS stayed in first in the 8 p.m. hour with an 8.3/13 for "Cold Case." ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" was second with a 6.3/10, bettering the 5.1/8 for "Dateline NBC." FOX averaged a 3.1/5 for a new episode of "The Simpsons" and a "Simpsons" repeat. The CW's airing of "Anti-Trust" was fifth.
In the 9 p.m. hour, CBS got a 7.7/11 for the telefilm "Loving Leah," which won the frame in total viewers, but finished fourth in the 18-49 demo. ABC's "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" was a close second, holding off the NBC telefilm "The Last Templar." FOX's "Family Guy" and "America Dad" had a 3.5/5 for four, better than The CW's movie.
CBS' movie had an 8.2/13 in its second hour. NBC's "The Last Templar" was second with a 5.9/10. ABC's repeat of "Desperate Housewives" finished third.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain