TV Ratings: '24,' 'Life Unexpected' solid, but CBS wins Monday
'Two and a Half Men,' 'Big Bang Theory' and 'CSI: Miami' carry CBS
In its Monday premiere, FOX's "24" delivered OK numbers, while The CW got a strong launch for the series debut of "Life Unexpected." Neither of those things made a difference as CBS dominated the second half of the evening for Monday wins in most key measures.
Among adults 18-49, CBS averaged a 4.2 rating, beating the 3.5 rating for ABC and FOX's 3.4 rating in the key demographic. NBC was a distant fourth with a 1.9 rating, leaving The CW's 1.1 rating in fifth.
Overall, CBS averaged an estimated 12.94 million viewers to go with a 7.7 rating/12 share. ABC's 6.5/10 nipped the 6.4/9 for FOX, though FOX averaged more total viewers. NBC was well back in fourth with a 3.1/5. The CW's 1.6/2 was good for fifth.
ABC started the night in first with a 6.4/10 for "The Bachelor." CBS' "How I Met Your Mother" and "Accidentally on Purpose" were second overal with a 6.0/9 and first in the key demo with a 3.7 rating. The first hour of FOX's "24" was third with a 6.1/9. NBC's "Chuck" was fourth with a 3.9/6 and a 2.5 rating in the demo. The CW's "One Tree Hill" return finished fifth.
CBS moved into first at 9 p.m. with the 9.1/13 for "Two and a Half Men" and "The Big Bang Theory," which also combined to win the hour in the key demographic with a 5.3 rating. [Odd note on the CBS numbers: For the first time in weeks, "Two and a Half Men" beat "Big Bang Theory" among adults 18-49.] ABC's "The Bachelor" was second overall and in the demo. FOX's "24" improved to a 6.6/10 in its second hour. On NBC, "Heroes" had a 2.4/4 and a 1.8 rating in the demo. The CW's premiere of the critically adored "Life Unexpected" did a 1.7/3, averaging 2.74 million viewers and a 1.2 demo rating, all pretty good by the netlet's standards.
All ratings information comes from preliminary Fast National Nielsen data, which includes live and same-day DVR viewing. All numbers are subject to change.
News From Our Partners
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?
- Rihanna Working on Eighth Album [Pic] One Direction to Release Fourth Book This Summer Beyonce Reveals Battle With Tonsillitis + 'Grown Woman' Choreography in Mrs. Carter Show Tour Videos
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS
- Please Watch New 'Arrested Development' In Order & Not At Once From 'Idol' Contestants To Judges? From 'Unfabulous' To 'American Horror Story'
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly Interview: Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes TV Roundtable: Boobies, pee-pees, codependence, and grounding the shenanigans with heart