'True Blood' finale audience doubles last season's ender
Against an NFL opener and the VMAs, 'True Blood' draws 5.1 million
In its first 9 p.m. airing on Sunday (Sept. 14), "True Blood" pulled in 5.1 million viewers, off from from the 5.3 million viewers who watched the show's Aug. 23 episode.
However, the audience was more than double the viewers who watched the first season finale last fall and a whopping 153 percent above last season's average.
Already renewed for a third season expected to air next summer, "True Blood" averaged roughly 12 million viewers per week including premiere numbers, additional telecasts, DVR playback and on-demand orders.
"Hung" finished its first season with 2.9 million viewers, slightly under the season average for the dark comedy. With its average of nearly 9 million weekly viewers across all platforms, "Hung" stands as HBO's most watched freshman series in over five years.
The third Sunday original, "Entourage," won't have its finale until October, but drew 2.6 million viewers. Its weekly cumulative audience is 8.4 million.
News From Our Partners
- Is There Hope For Jaime & Brienne Shippers? PHOTOS: Inside Lucille Austero's New Apartment WATCH: Full-Length Trailers For 'The Millers,' 'Hostages' And 'Mom'
- 'Hangover III': The Reviews Are In! Jennifer Aniston Breaks Bad, Strips Down In 'We're The Millers' Trailer 'Star Wars' Fans Still Love To Hate Ewoks 30 Years Later
- Less Jaywalking, More Web-friendly Clips: Dos and Don'ts for Seth Meyers' Late Night Career What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? Nashville Season Finale Review: Funerals, Proposals, Car Accidents, Oh My?
- Quicksilver in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past': Evan Peters Cast as Magneto's Son 'Poltergeist' Reboot May Actually Be a Sequel Brad Pitt Shocks Fans at 'World War Z' Screening (VIDEO)
- Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More Video: The Hangover Part III Cast Interviews
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Eight: Blue Is The Warmest Color captures a relationship’s rawness and beauty Hear This: Pantera’s “Walk” is the cry of aggrieved, disaffected youth Watch This: Vanishing Point caters to car nuts and existentialists alike
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Season 6 Adds 'The Shield's CCH Pounder As… David Boreanaz, Minka Kelly, Tom Felton and More Go 'Full Circle' for DirecTV Syfy's 'Helix': David Slade Directing 'Battlestar Galactica' Creator Ron Moore's New Series
- The Saturdays Are Sexy Housewives Seeking a 'Gentleman' in New Video Enter for a Chance to See Emblem3 Live on 'Good Morning America!' Bruno Mars Rumored for 'American Idol' Judge Spot