Trent Reznor composing score for David Fincher's Facebook film
'The Social Network' will have the added benefit of the Nine Inch Nails frontman and Atticus Ross
In the time that Trent Reznor's been taking off from Nine Inch Nails, there's been at least two major projects at work: his project How To Destroy Angels with wife Mariqueen Maandig and collaborator Atticus Ross and, now apparent, a job scoring David Fincher's forthcoming flick "The Social Network," also with Ross.
Reznor posted the news on his blog yesterday:
David Fincher started inquiring about my interest in scoring his upcoming film, The Social Network. Yeah, the movie about the founding of Facebook. I've always loved David's work but quite honestly I wondered what would draw him to tell that story. When I actually read the script and realized what he was up to, I said goodbye to that free time I had planned... Months later, I'm happy to tell you we're nearing the completion of this and I couldn't be happier with how it's turned out.
He went on to say that he and Ross are near completing the project, and will soon be chopping down their favorite compositions for "a satisfying record (or two)."
The film opens on Oct. 1, with the album out "a couple weeks" before that.
"Speaking of the film... it's really f*cking good. And dark!" Reznor said.
The Aaron Sorkin-penned script follows the genesis of Facebook's development, with Jessie Eisenberg ("Zombieland") playing founder Mark Zuckerberg.
News From Our Partners
- Behind The Shocking 'Grey's Anatomy' Finale WATCH: Tobias Fünke's New Sizzle Reel Is Epic JLo Steals Spotlight On 'American Idol'
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas' 'Rapturepalooza' Trailer: Anna Kendrick Gets Seduced by Satan 'Doctor Who' Season 8: Matt Smith Confirmed to Stay Another Year?
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season