Jeremy Renner takes the plunge in 2 new 'Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol' clips
Also: Tom Cruise gets scary and Simon Pegg brings the comic relief
- Critic's Rating A
- Readers' Rating B
Opening wide on December 21st (following a limited run in over 200 IMAX theaters beginning December 16th), "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol" has benefitted greatly from a stellar hype-building campaign that should see it debuting to big grosses on opening weekend. The latest cog in the "Ghost Protocol" publicity machine comes in the form of two brand-new clips featuring stars Tom Cruise, Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg which showcase a deft blend of action and comedy that will hopefully carry throughout the entire film (given director Brad Bird's stellar track record of successfully balancing those two elements in his animated efforts, I have pretty high hopes that it will).
This first clip has Brandt (Renner) and Benji Dunn (Simon Pegg) strategizing about an upcoming high-stakes operation that Renner's character clearly wasn't 100% clear on.
In Clip #2 we see the build-up to Brandt's big jump into a giant "computer array", which comes complete with a giant rotating fan at the bottom. Communicating with Ethan Hunt (Cruise) over an earpiece, the agent hesitates a bit too much for his superior's liking and...well, let's just say if Tom Cruise was yelling at me that way I'd probably take the leap too. Will Brandt survive? Is Suri Cruise a child fashion icon?
While I'm not necessarily a huge fan of the "Mission: Impossible" franchise, the above clips are entertaining enough (especially thanks to the presence of Pegg) to make me think this may just be worth a trip to the theater come December. As such, I'm going to go ahead and rate these babies an "A" for a job well done.
Be sure and grade the clips for yourself at top left!
News From Our Partners
- Nicki Minaj Gives Lil Wayne a Lap Dance During 'High School' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] David Guetta, Akon + Ne-Yo 'Play Hard' at 2013 Billboard Music Awards [Video] Prince Closes 2013 Billboard Music Awards With Rare Performance Medley
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games? FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19)
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- WATCH: SNL Spoofs San Francisco's Bacon Bacon Controversy Mike Hogan: The Wedding From Hell WATCH: 'SNL' Takes On IRS Scandal
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- 'Mad Men' Review: "The Crash" 'Game of Thrones' Review: "Second Sons" 'Star Wars Episode 7′ — Jonathan Rhys Meyers to Join the Cast?
- Inventory: “Illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money”: 20 inept magicians in pop culture For Our Consideration: The crowd-funding conundrum: The line between bringing fans closer and taking advantage Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Four: The Coen brothers return to the festival with a folk-rock flashback