Jeremy Renner takes the plunge in 2 new 'Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol' clips
Also: Tom Cruise gets scary and Simon Pegg brings the comic relief
- Critic's Rating A
- Readers' Rating B
Opening wide on December 21st (following a limited run in over 200 IMAX theaters beginning December 16th), "Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol" has benefitted greatly from a stellar hype-building campaign that should see it debuting to big grosses on opening weekend. The latest cog in the "Ghost Protocol" publicity machine comes in the form of two brand-new clips featuring stars Tom Cruise, Jeremy Renner and Simon Pegg which showcase a deft blend of action and comedy that will hopefully carry throughout the entire film (given director Brad Bird's stellar track record of successfully balancing those two elements in his animated efforts, I have pretty high hopes that it will).
This first clip has Brandt (Renner) and Benji Dunn (Simon Pegg) strategizing about an upcoming high-stakes operation that Renner's character clearly wasn't 100% clear on.
In Clip #2 we see the build-up to Brandt's big jump into a giant "computer array", which comes complete with a giant rotating fan at the bottom. Communicating with Ethan Hunt (Cruise) over an earpiece, the agent hesitates a bit too much for his superior's liking and...well, let's just say if Tom Cruise was yelling at me that way I'd probably take the leap too. Will Brandt survive? Is Suri Cruise a child fashion icon?
While I'm not necessarily a huge fan of the "Mission: Impossible" franchise, the above clips are entertaining enough (especially thanks to the presence of Pegg) to make me think this may just be worth a trip to the theater come December. As such, I'm going to go ahead and rate these babies an "A" for a job well done.
Be sure and grade the clips for yourself at top left!
News From Our Partners
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When