Tom Berenger, Powers Boothe, Mare Winningham added to History's 'Hatfields and McCoys'
Trio joining Bill Paxton and Kevin Costner for fact-based miniseries
History's "The Hatfields and McCoys" is adding some familiar family members to its two rival houses.
Tom Berenger ("Inception"), Powers Boothe ("Deadwood'), and Mare Winningham ("Mildred Pierce") have all signed on to join the epic, fact-based miniseries.
They join previously announced cast members Bill Paxton ("Big Love") and Kevin Costner ("Dances with Wolves").
Berenger will play Jim Vance, who acted as warlord of the Hatfield family, while Boothe will take on the role of Wall Hatfield, who was the local justice of the peace in West Virginia. Winningham is joining the McCoy clan as Sally McCoy, wife of Randall McCoy and main matriarch of the Kentucky brood.
The miniseries recounts the infamous, deadly feud between two Southern clans that nearly triggered a war between Kentucky and West Virginia in the years following the Civil War. The U.S. Supreme Court ultimately intervened.
Kevin Reynolds (who co-wrote the original "Red Dawn" with director John Milius) is directing. He and Costner have previously collaborated on "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves," "Fandango" and "Waterworld."
"McCoys" is being produced for by Thinkfactory Media, with Leslie Greif acting as executive producer, with Herb Nanas and Darrell Fetty producing.
News From Our Partners
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- Joe Satran: Who's Winning The 'Game Of Thrones'? Andrew Jenks: Where Guns Are as Common as Cell Phones Renee Graziano: Look Before You Love
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! News Briefs: CBS Is Pulling Mike & Molly's Season Finale Due to a Tornado Storyline
- FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion NBC's 'Siberia': New Reality-Skewing Drama Ordered for Summer
- Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21 Girls' Generation's Jessica Poses With Purses in Vogue Girl [Pics] Austin Mahone vs. Jonas Brothers – Pop Clash