TOLDJA! Diane Keaton heads to HBO as 'Tilda'
Oscar winner readying for online blogger pilot
Nikki Finke just got an upgrade. The notorious entertainment blogger is the inspiration for Bill Condon and Cynthia Mort's new HBO comedy pilot "Tilda" and after a long casting call they've finally found their Nikki, none other than Diane Keaton.
HitFix can confirm Keaton's been offered the role of Tilda and is keen on making the show her first regular television gig. The Oscar-winning actress has also met with Condon who is expected to direct the pilot and executive produce the show even with his new chores shepherding "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn" in the wings.
Keaton was last seen on the big screen in 2008's disaster "Mad Money," but stars alongside Harrison Ford and Rachel McAdams in Roger Michell's intriguing new comedy "Morning Glory" which hits theaters this November. The 64-year-old actress has never been a TV series regular, but has appeared in TV movies such as 1994's "Amelia Earhart: The Final Flight" and and more recently, 2006's "Surrender Dorothy."
Condon is best known for directing "Dreamgirls," but won an Oscar for his "Gods and Monsters" screenplay. On the TV front, he directed the much-buzzed about pilot for Laura Linney's Showtime series "The Big C," but is not involved in future installments of the show which is currently in production.
Mort's TV credits include "Tell Me Your Love Me" and "Will & Grace." She also wrote the screenplay for the Jodie Foster thriller "The Brave One."
HBO has not formally greenlit a pilot for "Tilda," but its expected to shoot sometime this spring.
[And no official word on whether Ms. Finke approves of the casting choice as of yet.]
News From Our Partners
- Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do. Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season
- Pop Bytes: Michael Jackson's Nephew Negates Wade Robson's Molestation Claims + More Watch Macklemore, Kendrick Lamar, Ellie Goulding + More on Hangout Festival Livestream Dumb Celebrity Quotes – Who Said This?
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition
- The Future Of Olivia And Fitz, And More Season 3 Scoop SPOILER ALERT: What's Ahead In 'Nikita' Season 4? Google Glass Does Porn
- 'Da Vinci's Demons' Review: "The Devil" 'Assassin's Creed' Movie Slated For Memorial Day 2015 Amazon Picks Up John Goodman's 'Alpha House,' Computer Comedy 'Betas'