TNT renews 'Leverage'
Second season of the Timothy Hutton drama will premiere later this year
TNT has renewed its hit heist dramedy "Leverage" for a second season.
The cable network announced on Monday (Feb. 2) that it has ordered an additional 15 "Leverage" episodes slated to begin later in 2009.
Timothy Hutton, Gina Bellman, Christian Kane, Beth Riesgraf and Aldis Hodge star as a group of sometime-crooks now doing the Robin Hood thing as they right corporate misdeeds. "Leverage" premiered to an audience of 5.6 million viewers back in December and has averaged 3.2 million viewers through its first season.
"We’re thrilled that audiences and critics have responded so positively to 'Leverage' and made the show a solid hit,” TNT programming head Michael Wright says. "We look forward to another great season of fun and exciting storylines brought to life by the outstanding cast, led by Timothy Hutton, and the incredible production team, headed up by executive producers Dean Devlin and John Rogers."
In addition to Devlin and Rogers, "Leverage" is also executive produced by Chris Downey.
The series has reliably ranked as ad-supported cable's #1 entertainment program in its Tuesday 10 p.m. ET slot.
“We had an amazing experience shooting the first season of 'Leverage' with such a talented cast and crew and with the full support of TNT behind us,” Devlin says. “We can’t wait to get to work on season two and take viewers on another adventure with Nate and his team.”
News From Our Partners
- One Direction's Niall Horan Spends the Night With UK TV Star Louise Thompson Kelly Clarkson Denies 'American Idol' Judging Gig Did Justin Bieber Get a Kitten? [Pics]
- WATCH: Gay Protest Turns Into Fashion Show What Netflix Really Wants Out Of 'Arrested Development' Game Of Desks Is HERE!
- 'Star Wars: Episode VI': What's Its Legacy... And Its Future? 'Arrested Development' Season Four: Eight Things To Remember 'Fast & Furious 6': The Reviews Are In!
- Baz Luhrmann Passed on Directing 'Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone' Someone Just Paid $1.5 Million to Sit Next to Leonardo DiCaprio in Space Tim Curry Is Fine After Suffering a Massive Stroke: Report
- Hear This: “Second Best” reflects a pivotal moment all serious bands face Watch This: The wages and the fear remain high in William Friedkin’s Sorcerer Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Nine: James Gray and Joaquin Phoenix reteam for a compelling period drama
- 'Avengers 2′ — Joss Whedon Talks Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy HD Will Let You Hold It on Your Mobile Device Will Smith Raps 'Fresh Prince' Theme with Jaden, Dances "Carlton" and "Apache" with Alfonso Ribiero
- What to Watch This Weekend: Orphan Black, Behind the Candelabra, and Arrested Development's Netflix Debut Do These Four New Arrested Development Clips Get You Excited for the Show's Return? (VIDEO) Arrested Development Q&A: Alia Shawkat on Maeby, the Return of the Show, and the Canonization of Mitch Hurwitz
- Weekly Ketchup: Fox and Marvel Both Courting Quicksilver for Comic Blockbusters Critics Consensus: Fast & Furious 6 is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Photos with Vin Diesel, Michelle Rodriguez, Gina Carano and More