Tim Burton and Robert Zemeckis ready for first Comic-Con appearances
Hayao Miyazaki and John Lasseter also set for San Diego debut
San Diego Comic-Con news will be coming fast and furious over the next few weeks and HitFix is prepping for wall-to-wall coverage. Making news today? Walt Disney announced that legendary filmmakers Tim Burton and Robert Zemeckis will be making their first Comic-Con appearances.
The duo will join "Tron" producers Sean Bailey and Steve Lisberger for a special 3D panel on Thursday, July 23 at 11 AM in Hall H. As rumored, this will be the first time 3D footage will be shown at Comic-Con. Zemeckis will be discussing his upcoming holiday release "A Christmas Carol" and Burton will be introducing the first publicly seen footage from "Alice in Wonderland." Additionally, this should be the first time any footage from the "Tron" sequel will be shown to the public. Disney sneaked a test of "Tron" footage last year, but that was before the film was cast or the picture was even greenlit.
Friday will also be a historical day at the convention as Hayao Miyazaki and John Lasseter appear on the Comic-Con stage for the first time to discuss their upcoming animated films. Legendary filmmaker Hayao Miyazaki will be discussing the American release of his critically-acclaimed "Ponyo" and Lasseter will be on hand to discuss Pixar's upcoming slate of "Toy Story 3," the "Toy Story" re-releases, Walt Disney Animation Studios "Beauty and the Beast" (in 3D), "The Princess and the Frog" and a new half-hour holiday TV special "Ponyo." This event will take place on Friday, July 24 at 12:45 PM in Hall H.
Comedian and "Big Fan" star Patton Oswalt will moderate both Q&A panels.
Look for more Comic-Con updates on HitFix.
News From Our Partners
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! News Briefs: CBS Is Pulling Mike & Molly's Season Finale Due to a Tornado Storyline
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Takes Box-Office Crown With $84 Million 'Arrested Development' Gang: Where Are They Now? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast?
- Joe Satran: Who's Winning The 'Game Of Thrones'? Andrew Jenks: Where Guns Are as Common as Cell Phones Renee Graziano: Look Before You Love
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- Hear This: With “Deceptacon,” Le Tigre captured the sound of youth in a song Watch This: Walter Hill’s The Driver is all about work done well Scenic Routes: A quiet scene from The Matrix demonstrates how to make exposition compelling
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion NBC's 'Siberia': New Reality-Skewing Drama Ordered for Summer