'Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie' to cost a billion dollars
'Adult Swim' stars Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim get a very expensive feature
In a somewhat tongue-in-cheek press release it has been announced today that late night Cartoon Network 'Adult Swim' stars Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim will be making a feature length film entitled "Tim and Eric's Billion Dollar Movie." Their cartoon network show is called "Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!" and can be described as low rent green screen sketch comedy plus celebrity cameos. That this movie would cost a billion dollars is absurd, of course, but played as straight in the press release.
"We are very excited to be part of this very expensive film," Tim Heidecker is quoted as saying. Will Ferrell, co-founder of Gary Sanchez productions (and Funny Or Die.com), one of the production companies on the film added: "You can't put a price on creative excellence and we didn't… maybe we should have, but we didn't."
The Mark Cuban/Todd Wagner owned 2929 Productions will be putting up the billion dollars for the film, and the two reportedly have cameos in the movie. Mr. Wagner explained "it would be foolhardy not to participate in what is sure to be the grandest entertainment ever presented to mankind." Magnolia Pictures, also owned by Cuban and Wagner, will distribute the film.
'Tim and Erics Billion Dollar Movie' is currently shooting in Southern California
News From Our Partners
- Box Office: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Misses $100M Domestic Mark on Opening Weekend Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO)
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- FTW vs. WTF: The TV Week in Review (May 19) Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy
- Kanye West Debuts 'Black Skinhead' Kanye Storms 'SNL' The 'Doctors' Unite
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- Watch 2PM Give Each Other Hugs, Spankings + Piggyback Rides at '2PM Is Back With Genie' Concert [Video] Would Adam Lambert Judge 'American Idol?' [Video] Chris Brown Receiving Death Threats
- Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh Red Carpet Roundup: Star Trek Into Darkness Edition