'The Raven' helmer James McTeigue will direct 'Message from the King'
Director also brought 'V For Vendetta' to the big screen with Natalie Portman
James McTeigue (the upcoming "The Raven") will direct "Message from the King"
The thriller tells the tale of Jacob King, a strange drifter who arrives in L.A. to investigate the unexplained disappearance of his sister.
McTiegue directed the upcoming "The Raven" (pictured) for FimNation, in which John Cusack plays Edgar Allen Poe on the trail of a serial killer he unwittingly inspired. That film opens March 9, 2012.
He also directed the thriller "V for Vendetta," starring Natalie Portman and Hugo Weaving.
Oliver Butcher and Stephen Cornwell ("Unknown") penned the script for "Message From the King," which will be produced by FilmNation’s Aaron Ryder with Rhodri Thomas of The Ink Factory and Ash Shah.
"After working with James on 'The Raven' and then seeing a cut of the film, it was very clear to us that we needed to make his next movie. We are thrilled to be working with him again," said FilmNation’s Aaron Ryder.
Added The Ink Factory’s Rhodri Thomas "This script harks back to our favorite character-led thrillers of the 1970s, but depicts Los Angeles in a distinctive, contemporary light. With James at the helm we’re sure to see something exciting and original."
"Message from the King" will start shooting in the late fall.
News From Our Partners
- The 'Doctors' Unite 'We Are Men' In 4 Words MTV Legend Recalls Heavy Metal Frontman's Anti-Gay T-Shirt Controversy
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Three: Cheers for the young stars of The Selfish Giant, jeers for the new films by Hirokazu Kore-eda and Arnaud Desplechin Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures
- Doctor Who "The Name of the Doctor" Review: The Impossible Girl Made Possible What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy The Office Series Finale Review: That'll Do, Show. That'll Do.
- 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now! Fiery 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Scene Hurt The Most: Ouch! How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office?
- The Wrap Up: Remember 'The Office' With the Ultimate Blooper Reel The Sims 3: Island Paradise's Producer Walkthrough Shows Us the Finer Points of Tropical Life 'Man of Steel' Featurette: Reinventing Superman
- Kelly Rowland Close to Signing 'X Factor' Deal Kendall Schmidt of Big Time Rush Loses $7,000 Worth of Gifts for Fans [Video] Kanye West to Drop New Album 'Yeezus' on June 18
- Beyonce Pregnant Again? Sources Confirm 'Epic' Star Is Carrying Baby No. 2 'Hangover 3' Red Band Trailer: Take a Walk Down a NSFW Memory Lane (VIDEO) Why 'Man of Steel' Didn't Use 'Superman' in the Title