The National expanding 'High Violet' with bonus disc of material
Band 'opened' for President Obama in Wisconsin
Fans who can't get enough of The National's "High Violet" will be pleased come Nov. 22, when the Brooklyn-based rock act releases an expanded edition of the 2010 set.
The deluxe version includes a bonus disc with two unreleased tracks, "You Were a Kindness" and "Wake Up Your Saints." There's also three live versions of "High Violet" songs, an alternate version of "Terrible Love" and B-sides "Walk Off" and "Sin-Eaters."
A 7" single will also be out on Nov. 22, with that new "Terrible Love" and "You Were a Kindness."
The new edition will be out on digital as well as the limited edition double-disc.
In other National news, the band "opened" for Barack Obama last night in Madison, Wis., as part of the president's Moving America Forward roving rallies. Ben Harper was originally scheduled for it. We don't know what happened there.
The band is still on the road -- as always -- in support of the 4AD effort, stopping off in Kansas City tonight. Check out complete dates here. http://bit.ly/bS2Wum
Here is the tracklist to the "High Violet" expanded edition:
1. Terrible Love (alternate version)
2. Wake Up Your Saints
3. You Were A Kindness
4. Walk Off
6. Bloodbuzz Ohio (live on KCMP)
7. Anyone’s Ghost (live at BAM)
8. England (live at BAM)
News From Our Partners
- 'The Voice' Live Round Recap: The Top 10 Perform Beyonce Is a 'Grown Woman' in Leaked Track Ultra Music Festival Dates Announced, Tickets Go on Sale May 21
- Heather Wagner: 'Hot In Orange County' John Barrowman's Surprising New Role WATCH: How A Frog Transformed Kerry Washington's Thinking
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings!
- Ranking the Blockbusters with Summer Movie Scorecard 2013 RT on DVD & Blu-Ray: The Last Stand and Side Effects Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1
- 'Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters': Jeremy Renner Never Read the Script Before Signing On 'Angry Birds' Movie Flies Forward Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique: First Look at the Actress in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past'
- 'Bates Motel' Season 2: Will Norman Go Full 'Psycho?' FX's 'The Strain' Taps 'Alias' Star Mia Maestro as Female Lead FX's 'Tyrant': Ang Lee Drops out of Directing the Pilot, Cites 'Life of Pi' Exhaustion
- Crosstalk: How does Chris Brown get away with it? For Our Consideration: What do we mean when we call music pretentious? Interview: Michael Cera on the evolution of George Michael Bluth and working in Arrested Development’s writers’ room