The Killers, Grizzly Bear confirmed for 'Twilight Saga: New Moon' soundtrack
Listen: Death Cab For Cutie's 'Meet Me on the Equinox' in its entirety; complete soundtrack to be revealed tomorrow
"New Moon" music supervisor Alexandra Patsavas, who also crafts the music playlists behind "Gossip Girl" and "Grey's Anatomy," sat down with the newspaper to chat about crafting the tracklist, which will be revealed unto the world tomorrow (Sept. 18).
Patsavas declined to comment on the two above mentioned bands, and mentioned she was "confident" that Thom Yorke, Bon Iver and Band of Skulls -- three acts that "New Moon" director Chris Weitz exclusively revealed to HitFix as participants -- would be in the final cut.
"This is a much more somber movie than 'Twilight,'" Patsavas said of the first film. "There is a lot of love lost, so the artists that are going to make up the soundtrack reflect that longing - a lot of acoustic instruments, a lot of a cappella singing. This soundtrack definitely feels a bit more indie than the last one."
Her company/label Chop Shop is releasing the album on Oct. 20, in conjunction with Atlantic.
We've already tried to tell you a few times what a phenomenal band Grizzly Bear is. Plus, the band has gotten some love from Jay-Z and Beyonce, and even had a song makeover by none other than Michael McDonald.
As many "Twilight" junkies know, Death Cab For Cutie's "Meet Me on the Equinox" -- the soundtrack's first single -- was released to MTV during the MTV VMAs on Sunday. Listen to the whole track below.
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS
- Please Watch New 'Arrested Development' In Order & Not At Once From 'Idol' Contestants To Judges? From 'Unfabulous' To 'American Horror Story'
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead
- Cannes Film Festival: Cannes, Day Seven: J.C. Chandor makes good, Nicolas Winding Refn goes bad, and Claire Denis gets ugly Interview: Katie Aselton on going from mumblecore to thriller—and directing her own nude scenes TV Roundtable: Boobies, pee-pees, codependence, and grounding the shenanigans with heart
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults