New TBS show to find the 'King of the Nerds'
'Revenge of the Nerds' stars Robert Carradine and Curtis Armstrong will host series
Now that nerds seemingly run the world, TBS is determined to find their leader. The cable network has greenlit the new unscripted competition series "King of the Nerds," which will premiere in early 2013.
To host the show, TBS has recruited two of the stars of 1984's prescient "Revenge of the Nerds," Robert Carradine ("Lewis") and Curtis Armstrong ("Booger"). Ogre would not be pleased.
Eight episodes of "King of the Nerds" have been ordered. The show's executive producers feature a who's-who of reality TV vets, with Ben Silverman ("The Biggest Loser"), Jimmy Fox ("Mob Wives"), Rick Ringbakk ("The Amazing Race"), Tod Mesirow ("MythBusters") and Craig Armstrong ("Survivor") working with producers Carradine and Armstrong.
On "Nerds," competitors from all nerdy walks of life will take part in challenges testing intelligence, ingenuity and pop-culture knowledge. The competition will begin with teams, before evolving into a "last person standing" showdown. Two nerds enter, one nerd leaves.
"It's been said we're living in the 'Age of the Nerd', and if so, what better way to acknowledge that than to have a competition to crown the King of the Nerds?" said TBS' Michael Wright in a release. "'King of the Nerds' is a lot of fun as it not only celebrates nerd culture, but also illuminates it. We believe 'King of the Nerds' is an ideal fit with 'The Big Bang Theory,' and we look forward to having it on the network"
"'King of the Nerds' will be the first-ever nerd-on-nerd warfare competition series. Who better to have as our hosts than Robert and Curtis, the founding fathers of the Nerd Universe," said producer Fox. "We are incredibly excited to partner with TBS to not only celebrate the nerd in each and every one of us, but to bring an incredibly fun, smart and entertaining competition series to the TBS audience."
Trending Now on HitFix Boards
|Topic||Started By||Latest Post||Replies|
26 days ago
10 months ago
|Discuss Reality TV on HitFix Message Boards »|
News From Our Partners
- In Pictures: The Cars of Fast & Furious Digital Multiplex: Warm Bodies and Aftershock Discover the Best-Reviewed Films in Summer Movie Scorecard 2013
- Xbox One Games Can Be Played By Multiple Users on One Console 'American Horror Story: Coven' Adds Emma Roberts 'Fast 6′ vs. 'Hangover 3′: Who Will Win the Memorial Day Weekend Box Office?
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Weirdest, Grossest, Bestest Moments from Netflix's Hemlock Grove, in Pictures and GIFs What to Watch Tonight: SYTYCD, Awkward., and the Finales of Grimm, The Game, and DWTS
- Rihanna Working on Eighth Album [Pic] One Direction to Release Fourth Book This Summer Beyonce Reveals Battle With Tonsillitis + 'Grown Woman' Choreography in Mrs. Carter Show Tour Videos
- Please Watch New 'Arrested Development' In Order & Not At Once From 'Idol' Contestants To Judges? From 'Unfabulous' To 'American Horror Story'
- The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013 The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults
- 'Before Midnight' L.A. Premiere: Ethan Hawke, Julie Delpy Celebrate 18 Years Together (PHOTOS) Josh Hutcherson in 'Ape': 'Hunger Games' Star Lines Up Role in Psychological Thriller 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Kneel Before General Zod
- New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights 'Fast & Furious 6': How Michelle Rodriguez Came Back From The Dead