Taylor Lautner and Taylor Swift both win two Kid's Choice Awards
'Up,' Jim Carrey, Black Eyed Peas, Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez also among the winners
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Team Jacob was triumphant at the Kids' Choice Awards.
"Twilight" star Taylor Lautner picked up two orange, blimp-shaped trophies at Saturday's 23rd annual shenanigan-packed Nickelodeon spectacle inside UCLA's Pauley Pavilion. Lautner snared the favorite actor honor for his "New Moon" role as hunky werewolf Jacob Black as well as the inaugural cutest couple award with his "Twilight" co-star Kristin Stewart.
"I have to admit I have always dreamt of winning one of these orange blimps," said Lautner.
The fan-favorite ceremony's host, "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" actor-comedian Kevin James, kicked off the show by performing a hip-hop dance routine as Adam Sandler serenaded him from above while dressed as an angel and fountains of green slime spontaneously gushed on the first few rows of the audience. James said more than 115 million votes were received this year.
Katy Perry, wearing a bright blue wig and skintight flowery dress, was blasted with slime when presenting the favorite movie actress trophy to Miley Cyrus. The gooey "I Kissed a Girl" singer chased the "Hannah Montana" actress around the stage, but co-presenter Jonah Hill grabbed Perry before she could embrace the 17-year-old singer-actress with a slimy hug.
"I can't see anything," complained Perry. "Why does it taste like boogers?"
Other favorites included "Alvin and The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel" for movie, "Up" for animated movie, Jim Carrey for voice from an animated movie for "A Christmas Carol," ''Mario Kart" for video game, "iCarly" for TV show, "American Idol" for reality show, "SpongeBob SquarePants" for cartoon, Dylan Sprouse for TV actor and Selena Gomez for TV actress.
"I'm the luckiest girl in the whole world," said Gomez.
In the music categories, the winners were Black Eyed Peas for music group, Jay-Z for male singer and Taylor Swift for female singer and song for "You Belong With Me." Favorites in the sports categories were two-time Olympic gold medalist volleyball player Misty May Treanor for female athlete and 20-year-old skateboarder Ryan Sheckler for male athlete.
"This goes right in the trophy case," Sheckler said holding up his blimp.
First lady Michelle Obama won the ceremony's "Big Help" award for her "Let's Move" campaign to cut down on childhood obesity. The honor is part of Nick's own "Millions on the Move" campaign. Over the next few months, the network will feature public service announcements to encourage kids to stay active and promote activities that help the environment.Copyright 2010 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.
News From Our Partners
- Interview: Arrested Development’s Jeffrey Tambor on the show’s return and inevitable movie Gateways To Geekery: An initiation into the psychedelic sci-fi rock of Hawkwind Hear This: You don’t have to know the words to have fun with this Stone Temple Pilots single
- Rihanna Bares Butt on Instagram [Pic] Kid Ink to Release 'Almost Home' EP on May 28, Tour With Kendrick Lamar Justin Bieber's 'Baby' Is Highest-Certified Single in History, But His Monkey Is No Longer His
- Jennifer Aniston Strips In New Movie AMC Boss Reveals Plans For 'The Walking Dead's' Future Amy's Baking Co. Owner Facing Deportation?
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Premiere of Rookie Blue and the Series Premieres of Save Me, Showville, and Does Someone Have to Go? What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of SVU, The Middle, Modern Family, Chicago Fire, Nashville, and Criminal Minds The Critics Choice Awards Nominations Choose Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad
- 'Man Of Steel': Is Zod Superman's Khan? New 'Man of Steel' Trailer: Watch Now! 'The Hangover': Retracing The Success Of A Few Crazy Nights
- 'The World's End' Trailer: Pints, Pals, and Killer Robots! Francis Ford Coppola Directing New Italian-American Saga 'Don Jon' Trailer: Joseph-Gordon Levitt and Scarlett Johansson Go Jersey
- Total Recall: Bradley Cooper's Best Movies Parental Guidance: Epic and Beautiful Creatures Comic Book Movies You Can Watch Online
- The Telefile - Modern Family: Goodnight, Gracie. Hello, Series Highlight. The Telefile - Critics' Choice Television Awards 2013: Nominees Announced The Telefile - TV on DVD: Tuesday, May 21, 2013