T-Bone Burnett, Danny Elfman collaborating on 'Hunger Games' score
Universal also releasing a collection of songs inspired by the film
"The Hunger Games" has its epic cast lined up, and now details are coming out about the film's music.
T-Bone Burnett and Danny Elfman are working on the score for the Lionsgate film together, which Universal Republic will release.
Universal will also release a collection of songs from "The Hunger Games" and/or inspired by the film's themes. Burnett will act as executive music producer, and will produce a number of the new tracks for the collection. The participating artists have not yet been announced.
In the futuristic "Hunger Games," teenagers are chosen at random from each District and must fight to the death in the brutal, televised event of the title. The story centers on Katniss Everdeen (Jennifer Lawrence), one of the "Tributes" whose wily instincts and survivalist nature may not be enough for her to survive the ordeal.
- Check out everything there is including photos, reviews, videos.
"The Hunger Games," based on the first book of Suzanne Collins' best-selling trilogy of novels, is being directed by Gary Ross. It will star Lawrence ("X-Men: First Class), Liam Hemsworth, Josh Hutcherson, Stanley Tucci, Elizabeth Banks, Woody Harrelson, Donald Sutherland and Lenny Kravitz.
As a producer, Burnett has worked with Los Lobos, Counting Crows, Natalie Merchant, The Wallflowers, Tony Bennett and k.d. lang. He won Academy Awards for his work on the soundtracks to the Coen Brothers' "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" and the Jeff Bridges film "Crazy Heart." Burnett also oversaw the music for the Johnny Cash biopic "Walk the Line" and the Coens' "Big Lebowski."
Elfman has served as composer for countless films, including the "Men in Black" films, the "Spider-Man" trilogy and nearly all of Tim Burton's movies.
"The Hunger Games" opens nationwide March 23.
News From Our Partners
- What to Watch This Weekend: The Season Finales of Nikita, Doctor Who, The Simpsons, and Family Guy Syfy Renews Warehouse 13 for a Fifth and Final Season What to Watch Tonight: The Office's Big Farewell and the Season Finales of TVD, Elementary, and Five More
- YESSSSSSS... Who Won 'American Idol' 2013? The Ultimate Office Blooper Reel
- How Far Will 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Boldly Go At Box Office? 'Star Trek Into Darkness': The Secret Behind The Mystery Villain 'Pacific Rim' Trailer Surfaces: Watch Now!
- Demi Lovato vs. Perrie Edwards – PopCrush Prom Queen of 2013, Round 3 Justin Bieber vs. Austin Mahone – PopCrush Prom King of 2013, Round 3 Demi Lovato Sings Selena Gomez's Praises [Video]
- Christopher Nolan for James Bond Movie? Director Allegedly Courted to Direct Edward Furlong, 'Terminator 2' Star, Arrested Again Cannes 2013: $1M in Jewelry Stolen at Film Festival
- The Telefile - The Most Heinous Person on Reality TV This Week The Telefile - Modern Family: The Best Lines of the Night The Telefile - Fall TV 2013: What's On When
- 'Frances Ha' Review 'Star Wars: Episode 7′ — The Real Reason J.J. Abrams Left 'Star Trek' Sega Game Gear Classics Headed to Nintendo 3DS Virtual Console
- Watch This: With Beavis And Butt-head Do America, Mike Judge skewered the idiocy of cinematic adventures Hear This: Destroy This Place shows how press releases can get it right Cannes Film Festival: Cannes 2013, Day Two: Iranian director Asghar Farhadi chases A Separation with another stunning drama