Sylvester Stallone says he has an idea for 'Expendables 2'
Director and star hints some members would leave the group
It was no secret that "The Expendables" was going to open big, but after a stellar $35 million opening it seems director and star Sylvester Stallone finally feels comfortable talking about the inevitable sequel.
Starring Stallone, Jason Statham, Jet Li, Randy Couture, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke and with cameos by Steve Austin (whose character is only returning by an act of god), Bruce Willis and Arnold Schwarzenegger, the picture centers on a group of longtime mercs who get sucked into helping the inhabitants of an island nation come under rogue CIA control (not that the storyline really matters).
Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter, Stallone says he's got a sequel plotted out in his head, but isn't sure the same crew will return.
"I believe this group has to continue to evolve," Stallone says. "It just can't become the same people. So how do you get new people introduced into the group, and how do you have some of the other people leaving? Those are the challenges."
Does that mean the Muscle from Brussels, Jean Claude Van Damme, could join the crew? Or, possibly Steve Segal, Chuck Norris or even Wesley Snipes? Or, maybe Willis becomes the sequel's villain? Even more appealing, with Schwarzeneger out of office in November, does he appear in more than one scene next time around?
Let the speculation begin.
Who would you want to join "The Expendables" hit squad? Share your thoughts below.
News From Our Partners
- 'Star Wars Rebels': New Animated Series Will Take Place Between 'Episode III and 'Episode IV' James Badge Dale, 'Iron Man 3' Star, Is Also in 'World War Z' and 'The Lone Ranger' 'Blue Jasmine' Poster Debut: Cate Blanchett Is Strikingly Stoic (PHOTO)
- Sony Teases PlayStation 4 E3 Console Reveal in New Video George Takei as Every Character in 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Nintendo Promises Details on New 3D Mario, Smash Bros Before E3
- The Telefile - Veep: The Episode's Best Insults The Telefile - Saturday Night Live: Straight Outta 8H The Telefile - Game of Thrones: Our Weekly Westeros Scorecard
- One Direction Thank Their Fans for 2013 Billboard Music Award Wins Drake + Jay-Z Working on New Music [Pic] Taylor Swift Gets Grossed Out When Selena Gomez + Justin Bieber Kiss Backstage at 2013 Billboard Awards [Pics]
- What to Watch Tonight: The Season Finales of Rectify and Hawaii Five-0 and the Series Premieres of The Goodwin Games and Motive Mad Men "The Crash" Review: Uppers Give You Wings! Hey TV.com, Should I Watch The Goodwin Games?
- The Women TV Is Still Missing Jason Isaacs Reveals The One Co-Star He Won't Work With Again WATCH: La Toya's Tearful Break-Up Phone Call
- Box Office Guru Wrapup: Star Trek Softer Than Expected at #1 Weekly Ketchup: Will Smith to Star in Wild Bunch Remake? Critics Consensus: Star Trek Into Darkness is Certified Fresh
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': What's Next For J.J. Abrams And The Cast? 'Star Trek Into Darkness' Spoiler Special: Burning Questions Answered 'Anchorman 2' Trailer Had Us At 'Hello': Watch Now!